Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What should we be ranked?

Does our away victory at Wisconsin get us ranked this week?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No. Many polls had the Badgers falling coming into this week so voters won't be surprised that that has continued. Gophers will move up in the "receiving votes" category but it's going to take a string of conference victories to crack top 25, IMO.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    Does our away victory at Wisconsin get us ranked this week?

Yes.

I think the fact that three Big Ten teams are likely to drop out (Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin) works in the Gophers' favor. They'll just plug another Big Ten team (Gophers) into one of the open spots.

I hope not, we become a terrible shell of a team whenever ranked

Blog Entries

Default Candidates to enter top 25

Gophers, Cincinnati, Iowa State, Saint John's, Seton Hall, and TCU are the best candidates to enter the poll if they win this weekend.

Gophers done for the week.

Iowa State will certainly enter the poll if they beat Kansas this weekend, otherwise, no.

If I were a betting man, I'd say Gophers, Seton Hall, and TCU get ranked, Iowa State, too, if Cyclones beat KU.

We should definitely be ranked, our last 2 wins came against ranked conference opponents with 1 on the road.
    Who hates iowa?

Definitely think they deserve to be. Not sure if the voters will move us up to where we should be based on the perception of Wisconsin as spiraling downward.

Quote Originally Posted by saintpauljeff View Post
    Second this. I would love to see a statistic of our W/L record immediately following getting ranked. I feel like whenever we get off to a good start and get ranked, we start playing poorly.

Would be nice to wait 1 more week before being ranked. Hard to see us going from receiving no votes last week all the way into the rankings now.

Ranking is one of those arbitrary lists I find fairly meaningless. Kids look at them and they can forget they have to keep working hard. Best to just keep working and keep winning.

Quote Originally Posted by TruPhan View Post
    Second this. I would love to see a statistic of our W/L record immediately following getting ranked. I feel like whenever we get off to a good start and get ranked, we start playing poorly.
    Yep. I feel like we have been ranked at some point in 5 or so years since the Tubby hiring (1 year after I started following the team, not trying to start a thing about the two coaches), but I dont think we have ever ended the season that way in that stretch.

We probably will not go from not receiving any votes, to ranked, in one week.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher7 View Post
    We probably will not go from not receiving any votes, to ranked, in one week.
    Most people, including Vegas, thought we probably wouldn’t beat Sconny on the road. Lol

I think we get a token ranking towards the bottom.

They also jumped from 61 to 49 in Sagarin. Maryland game is HUGE. Everyone who's attending, gird your loins. See you there.

Quote Originally Posted by saintpauljeff View Post
    Good humor, it does see a curse at times. But with three other Big Ten teams backing up I say a ranking is appropriate. 24th, 25th. We have beaten a lot of power conference teams already for this time of year.