Zach Williams: "One of my favorite buzzwords is Row the Boat."

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Williams:

Motto, slogan, catchphrase, mantra and buzzword! I love buzzwords. I love one-liners. One-liners can become an anthem of our lives to defeat fear, anxiety, insecurities, loss and circumstances. One-liners provide motivation and a sense of unity.

College football is a passion of mine. College football understands the need for unity and the use of buzzwords. If you tune into social media and internet articles, you will quickly take notice of a team’s buzzword. The buzzword may describe the outcome of a game, recruiting process or daily motivation for the team. For instance, Clemson’s All-In mentality, Carolina’s Spurs Up pledge and Georgia’s Sic ‘em tenacity become common themes throughout the football season.

If coaches communicate the team’s common pledge in everything they do then it can become contagious. One of my favorite buzzwords is Row the Boat. P.J. Fleck is an up and coming college football coach who has a gift of communication and motivation. Fleck coined the term Row the Boat while coaching at Western Michigan University. This motto originated after the passing of his son Colt shortly after birth due to a heart condition. Row the Boat was a way he kept his son’s short life alive. Fleck stated in an interview, “We’re rowing. Your back is to the future, which is something you can’t control, nor can you see. You have to trust the person in front of you that you are looking at, that they’re doing their job and rowing at the same speed, same efficiency as you are… You don’t know if there’s rocks, water falls, stormy seas, you don’t know what’s ahead of you. You are rowing in the present which is the only thing you can actually control (Pioneer Press).”

https://www.northaugustastar.com/ne...cle_75bd50cc-0abf-11e9-8bbe-4b4cadc755e8.html

Go Gophers!!

Doesn't he mean buzzwords?

Are we heavily recruiting the North Augusta area? This might be the thing that puts us over the top.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom