Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1

    Default Final Big Ten Power Rankings

    Black Heart Gold Pants first out of the gate with Gophers 7th:

    7. Minnesota (7-6, 3-6)
    Thanks for ruining Paul Johnson Day, Minnesota! I wouldnít read too much into the Gophersí 34-10 demolition of Georgia Tech ó Norm Parker famously said heíd diagnosed Techís triple option in the 70ís, so just about any team should be able to beat an archaic offense with three weeks worth of preparation. PJ Fleck sucks, carry on.

    https://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/...rose-bowl-bhgp

    Go Gophers!!


  2. #2

    Default

    That's kinda a jerkish article.

    Why does everyone in sports media try so hard to be an asshole?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    4,192

    Default

    Always enjoy that site's humor. Worth the click to read the whole list.

  4. #4

    Default

    ahhhhh ok, it's a Hawkeye website, never heard of it until today

    well, Justin Gaard will probably like this thread then

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    That's kinda a jerkish article.

    Why does everyone in sports media try so hard to be an asshole?
    Itís the flavor of that site which is usually pretty funny. May be true though about Ga Tech and having weeks to prepare for their offense. Looking at their last 10 years or so, their bowl record is not good, 3-6, and in 3 of those games they scored 10 points or less.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catechol View Post
    It’s the flavor of that site which is usually pretty funny. May be true though about Ga Tech and having weeks to prepare for their offense. Looking at their last 10 years or so, their bowl record is not good, 3-6, and in 3 of those games they scored 10 points or less.
    I didn't realize how bad GA Tech is ... at passing. They hardly tried so if you could handle dudes running laterally with an option, it was kinda over.

    Too bad for them as you'd hope the option would open up some passing, and we know we can leave guys open.... their thing just couldn't take advantage of our weakness.
    Last edited by A_Slab_of_Bacon; 01-04-2019 at 10:28 AM.

  7. #7

    Default

    So, it's sorta sarcasticly written?

  8. #8

    Default

    He insults the Gophers.
    We canít click on that link!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catechol View Post
    It’s the flavor of that site which is usually pretty funny. May be true though about Ga Tech and having weeks to prepare for their offense. Looking at their last 10 years or so, their bowl record is not good, 3-6, and in 3 of those games they scored 10 points or less.
    Makes sense, the Tech offense is really hard to prepare for in a week, much easier when you have more time. That said, they are very good at what they do and you still have to execute in order to control them which is exactly what our defense did. And they did it without 2 of their LBs (including the leading tackler on the team). It was another impressive showing by a defense that was getting torched earlier in the season.

  10. #10

    Default

    Ski-U-Mah!
    Last edited by pancakegopher; 01-04-2019 at 01:44 PM.

  11. #11

    Default

    Man some Gopher fans are just:


  12. #12

    Default

    https://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...103-story.html

    7. Minnesota

    Letís give it up for the Gophers, who were 4-5 after a 24-point loss to lowly Illinois. Rather than drown or tread water, they actually did row the boat, landing on the island of respectability. Minnesota throttled Purdue and Wisconsin down the stretch and then ruined Paul Johnsonís final game at Georgia Tech. Donít sleep on Mohamed Ibrahim (224 rushing yards in the bowl victory) and the young Gophers in 2019 and beyond. P.J. Fleck is building something.

  13. #13

    Default

    We finish ahead of Purdue in both rankings. Shows what they know. #best6-7teamofalltime
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

    Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    Black Heart Gold Pants first out of the gate with Gophers 7th:

    7. Minnesota (7-6, 3-6)
    Thanks for ruining Paul Johnson Day, Minnesota! I wouldn’t read too much into the Gophers’ 34-10 demolition of Georgia Tech — Norm Parker famously said he’d diagnosed Tech’s triple option in the 70’s, so just about any team should be able to beat an archaic offense with three weeks worth of preparation. PJ Fleck sucks, carry on.

    https://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/...rose-bowl-bhgp

    Go Gophers!!
    Our rivals hate PJ. That's a good thing and that's what we want. It only reinforces my belief that he is the right coach for us!
    GO GOPHERS!!

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MplsGopherFan View Post
    Our rivals hate PJ. That's a good thing and that's what we want. It only reinforces my belief that he is the right coach for us!
    I would agree. I think rival teams know that Minnesota could get very very good under Fleck and they are starting to get concerned. The real up and comer is going to be Nebraska the next few years but Minnesota is going to be vastly improved and will be very interesting to watch.

    I do think it is rather funny how everyone was concerned about the defense being able to make adjustments to an entirely different offense and this would be a real test for Rossi and the Gopher defense. Then when they shut it down it gets dismissed. For a defense that used to watch the same play over and over for big gains without making any adjustments I would say this was a vast improvement!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •