StarTribune - Reusse/Souhan pregame-game recap, canceled late last night.

watertown 1987 guy n

Reaction score
Minnesota traveled to Wisconsin last night and left with their tail between their legs and another resounding defeat. Wisconsin was led by two of Minnesota’s best in Brad Davison and Nate Reuvers – more proof that Pitino can’t keep the best in state players. Let me reiterate, these two players were phenomenal. Brad Davidson is the plucky little guard that could play on any college team in the US but wasn’t even offered a scholarship by MN. He is cunning and sly forcing many apposing players to question their fragility during game play. Pitino offered Reuvers but he wisely chose Wisconsin over Minnesota for his college career. One has to wonder if MN can ever keep the best of Minnesota. Wisconsin dominated in every facet of the game. While Wisconsin won by one point and never led by a margin of more than four points during the second half, the game never really seemed close. Pitino has been on the hot seat the day he arrived on campus a few years ago. He has some serious blisters after last night’s loss.

Minnesota traveled to Wisconsin last night and left with their tail between their legs and another resounding defeat. Wisconsin was led by two of Minnesota’s best in Brad Davison and Nate Reuvers – more proof that Pitino can’t keep the best in state players. Let me reiterate, these two players were phenomenal. Brad Davidson is the plucky little guard that could play on any college team in the US but wasn’t even offered a scholarship by MN. He is cunning and sly forcing many apposing players to question their fragility during game play. Pitino offered Reuvers but he wisely chose Wisconsin over Minnesota for his college career. One has to wonder if MN can ever keep the best of Minnesota. Wisconsin dominated in every facet of the game. While Wisconsin won by one point and never led by a margin of more than four points during the second half, the game never really seemed close. Pitino has been on the hot seat the day he arrived on campus a few years ago. He has some serious blisters after last night’s loss.

Very hilarious. Am guessing there are a few other gopher posters here disappointed with the win as well.

Awesome. Don't forget:

"In his post-game press conference Pitino was curt when asked about Washington's status. He refused to answer any questions about why Washington did not play. According to Star Tribune sources several basketball players have been suspended for unspecified reasons. These suspensions would be among several in recent years that involved assault and other misconduct."

It's not a black or white deal. You can be happy with the win - but still have questions about strategy and execution.

How many people are really 100% happy with any game? you can take almost any victory, and still find something that could have been done differently, or done better. I've been told that coaches often do that sort of thing - show the players the game film and discuss areas that can be improved on.

If the Gophers win the next game 100-0, then I will stipulate that it was a perfect game and nothing could have been improved. Somehow, I doubt that will happen.

It's not a black or white deal. You can be happy with the win - but still have questions about strategy and execution.

How many people are really 100% happy with any game? you can take almost any victory, and still find something that could have been done differently, or done better. I've been told that coaches often do that sort of thing - show the players the game film and discuss areas that can be improved on.

If the Gophers win the next game 100-0, then I will stipulate that it was a perfect game and nothing could have been improved. Somehow, I doubt that will happen.

It would be hard to criticize the original game plan that Pitino set up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If that happened, then people would be on here complaining about the amount or lack of PT for ________. Examples: Coffey played 10 minutes and should have been rested more for the upcoming brutal schedule or IW played 30 minutes and it was done to punish him for his poor attitude or Why did Curry get 15 minutes when we know he has a bad knee.

Why couldn't they get 101?

Top Bottom