UW fans take to Twitter to weigh in on Badgers' loss to Golden Gophers

Sounds like our board!

But really, excellent game. We found a defensive identity and had some new pieces emerge as role players for the grind it out type games. This was a tough matchup for the gophers skill set and I’m pumped they rose to the challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bleed, you haven't been this giddy since your first born! Nice to see your updated online cheery disposition.

Ha! A lot of pent up frustration has been disarmed with our long-awaited football and basketball wins in Madison over the past few weeks!

Go Gophers!!

Fantastic feeling being on the victorious end of football/basketball road sweep! Being married to a Badger and having my son grow up (here) and yet attach his loyalty to the Badgers is frustrating. It was SO NICE to finally have a couple big wins in a row against them.

I have kids that are in their 20's and they are just so so about Gopher sports. Since they were very small they have never seen a real winning season in either football or basketball. We have skipped whole generations since real major success, with the exception of the Final Four.

Last night's win can become a directional win for the basketball program. It could be the kick off of a good solid season that returns the program to solid footing. We need a run of NCAA appearances - 3 to 4 in a row to begin to shake the past.

I am glad the players get to soak this one in and then have a number of practices to refocus on what was successful. If they can make defense the identity, like last night this will be a lot of fun!

Beat Maryland!

Fantastic feeling being on the victorious end of football/basketball road sweep! Being married to a Badger and having my son grow up (here) and yet attach his loyalty to the Badgers is frustrating. It was SO NICE to finally have a couple big wins in a row against them.

Good luck in your marital relationship

I called this a few years ago when Bo retired. Their decent to the bottom is coming. They won all those years because they had the best coach in the conference. It's fun to see them mad and I take great joy in watching all of this unfold.
The tide is turning. Now keep all of our good players home and let none of them help Wisconsin out anymore. Bo Ryan made a living on Minnesota high school players.

I called this a few years ago when Bo retired. Their decent to the bottom is coming. They won all those years because they had the best coach in the conference. It's fun to see them mad and I take great joy in watching all of this unfold.
The tide is turning. Now keep all of our good players home and let none of them help Wisconsin out anymore. Bo Ryan made a living on Minnesota high school players.

The Badger fans are delusional in those twitter posts. They had a very good coach that directed a very specific style of brawl ball with a very specific type of player. The new coach has continued along in that mold and now the fans want him fired because they aren’t tough enough! They will never find another Bo, but Gard is the next best thing to keep them competitive. If they ditch him then they are in a downward slide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Badger fans are delusional in those twitter posts. They had a very good coach that directed a very specific style of brawl ball with a very specific type of player. The new coach has continued along in that mold and now the fans want him fired because they aren’t tough enough! They will never find another Bo, but Gard is the next best thing to keep them competitive. If they ditch him then they are in a downward slide.

They are pining for Tony Bennett.

Honestly if Bennett were to go anywhere, he should come here (if/when the job opens).

Herro flipping to Kentucky set them back a couple years and could have been a real shift in Gard’s tenure there. He was the perfect scorer/shooter to complete the team they have this year but without him, you are asking a lot more of Trice and Davison who’s never going to be a dynamic scorer. Kobe King could be that player but I’m not sure Gard knows how to get the best out of him. If those guys are struggling now, what happens when teams don’t have to worry about double teaming Happ next year?

Maybe whoever has Musselman’s number should give it to Barry. Coyle won’t need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom