Sid: The Vikings could be interested in linebacker Blake Cashman

Don't know how Cashman will fare in terms of the draft but I won't be shocked to see him work his way onto an NFL roster next year. If nothing else he strikes me as the kind of player that could excel on special teams in the NFL.

IMO, I think Cashman would be an upgrade over Gedeon.

He will excel for the Patriots

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Vikings “could be interested” in a lot of players at this point....will be interesting to see if Cashman gets a combine invite. I think his measurables will surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get rid of barr, pick up cashman, save lots of money, get better Oline, win super bowl.

I think the medicals will be very important for Cashman. he's had a lot of problems with that shoulder. That could scare off some teams from taking a longer look at him.

But, if the shoulder is ok, I could definitely see some team at the very least bringing him to training camp as a depth and special teams player.

T-Wolves should take a look at Bobby Knight. Sid-esque

Hopefully Cashman gets drafted. I am no scout or draft expert but just based on past Gophers I would bet late rounds or a free agent deal to get into a camp.

Last edited:

Get rid of barr, pick up cashman, save lots of money, get better Oline, win super bowl.

So your idea is to replace a Pro Bowler with a guy who will likely be an undrafted free agent? I'm glad you're not the Vikings GM!

So your idea is to replace a Pro Bowler with a guy who will likely be an undrafted free agent? I'm glad you're not the Vikings GM!

I figured you would be dumb enough to take that post seriously.

Don't be dumb like dolly.

Edit: Oh and I'm also glad I'm not the vikings GM, that job would suck...

Last edited:

He can be a UDFA for the Vikings or other teams.

I don't know how much previous injuries will impact his draft stock, but will it be possible that he can get drafted in the very late rounds? I would think competition is very stiff for one of 254 available draft slots.

I figured you would be dumb enough to take that post seriously.

Don't be dumb like dolly.

Edit: Oh and I'm also glad I'm not the vikings GM, that job would suck...

Oh right, clearly that was sarcasm. Obvious to everyone who read it. And I'm sure you would rather be making $150K (or whatever) like you do now rather than the 7 figures Spielman makes. Totally believable.

Also, who's Dolly?

I don't know about Cashman's measurables but he makes plays. He has an ability to sack the QB...you can send guys to blitz and maybe they disrupt the play but Cashman sacked the QB a great percentage of the time when given the opportunity. Sounds easy but lots of guys are not effective at it. Cashman has instincts, unfortunately the NFL seems more concerned with height, arm length and speed than instincts. (And seemingly so did the Gophers at different points during the last two years....put him in position to utilize his strengths and he performs.

I do agree, his health issues could be a red flag to being drafted vs undrafted.

Oh right, clearly that was sarcasm. Obvious to everyone who read it. And I'm sure you would rather be making $150K (or whatever) like you do now rather than the 7 figures Spielman makes. Totally believable.

Also, who's Dolly?

I would rather be making $150K. Of course, I'm currently making about $35,000 a year. so $150K sounds really good to me. Shoot, if I made $150K, I could afford season tickets, and then I'd be a "real" Gopher fan.

I would rather be making $150K. Of course, I'm currently making about $35,000 a year. so $150K sounds really good to me. Shoot, if I made $150K, I could afford season tickets, and then I'd be a "real" Gopher fan.

With your luck you'd be seated next to Rickman!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-Wolves should take a look at Bobby Knight. Sid-esque

Hopefully Cashman gets drafted. I am no scout or draft expert but just based on past Gophers I would bet late rounds or a free agent deal to get into a camp.

I'm with you on this one. But, I will go out on a limb and say the Viking will draft him in the last round. I am not a Viking homer but I think that's right around Cashman's slot and Minnesota shouldn't be accused of picking a guy only for the PR points, although it doesn't hurt.

I'm with you on this one. But, I will go out on a limb and say the Viking will draft him in the last round. I am not a Viking homer but I think that's right around Cashman's slot and Minnesota shouldn't be accused of picking a guy only for the PR points, although it doesn't hurt.

agreed. I do think the "homer" angle comes up from time to time with undrafted free agent signings but NFL teams don't waste draft picks. If the Vikings draft him, it will be because he deserves it and they happend to know a lot about him since he played college ball in their back yard.

Top Bottom