Stull's play and McBrayer's D!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
I wanted to specially call out Stull's play in the second half. He really stepped up, hit two huge line-drive 3s and (along with Hurt) played some big minutes in crunch time.

And in the final minute, McBrayer's D was huge!!!!!

Go Gophers!!

More than just Dupree's D, but also his ability to then convert. Should have had an opportunity for a and-one on the first steal

Also nice that he hit those free throws.

Agreed on all points. Mature play by Stull, McBrayer and Hurt! No way to win without mature, mistake-free play. Thank you, gentlemen!

More than just Dupree's D, but also his ability to then convert. Should have had an opportunity for a and-one on the first steal

I was yelling at him to pull the first one out and kill the clock.

Nah, we were having problems scoring. We needed an 'easy' bucket
That first one was not an easy bucket. Thankfully it went in. Great steal!

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

I wanted to specially call out Stull's play in the second half. He really stepped up, hit two huge line-drive 3s and (along with Hurt) played some big minutes in crunch time.

And in the final minute, McBrayer's D was huge!!!!!

Go Gophers!!
I noted that he looked like me shooting threes as an out of shape 33 year old , but WTF the shots went in. I expect he is way better than I thought and we have many weeks to go.

Also, Stull nailed it tonight and team will never forget it. This team will grow after tonight and is now a very tough, tested team.

Stull is an adept passer on cuts.

Hurt with two big buckets as well!

I noted that he looked like me shooting threes as an out of shape 33 year old , but WTF the shots went in. I expect he is way better than I thought and we have many weeks to go.

He looked a bit more like Joey King tonight.

Those two definitely stood out at big moments down the stretch. Glad to see Stull is getting into shape and I couldn't be more happy for McBrayer

Those were huge moments in the game. Throw in Curry's bucket to put us back up 3 or 4 on the hanging in the air floater after we hadn't scored in what seemed like an eternity. I posted it in the game thread, but I am just so happy for Dupree. Hopefully this is a turn the corner moment for Stull as he didn't look out of place in this game.

If Stull can step in and hit a few jumpers, there's certainly a spot for him in the rotation, especially as good teams will throw zones at us. (Did either of his threes get 11 feet off the floor at any point??) As long as he doesn't get exposed defensively, he could contribute 6-8 ppg.

Agreed on all points. Mature play by Stull, McBrayer and Hurt! No way to win without mature, mistake-free play. Thank you, gentlemen!

I was glad to see Hurt contribute.

He actually played decent defense and would have had a really nice stretch if he didn't get called for a questionable foul.

If Stull can step in and hit a few jumpers, there's certainly a spot for him in the rotation, especially as good teams will throw zones at us. (Did either of his threes get 11 feet off the floor at any point??) As long as he doesn't get exposed defensively, he could contribute 6-8 ppg.

This is why we have him. He won't fit perfectly every game, but against a slow footed Badgers team, it was ideal.

I feel like Dupree is the story within the story of the game. In the second half he hit that shot clock buzzer-beating floater, then (and I think it was in that order) he nailed that 3-pointer. Then things wen't sour for a stretch. On the following possession he got full of himself and clanked another 3 attempt too early in the shot clock, and one or two possessions later made the pass that could have been crisper, turning into Happ's steal, and then to add insult to injury he declined to foul Happ on his runout. At that moment I told my wife that I hoped for Dupree's sake that we wouldn't be talking about those mistakes as the fatal blows to the Gophers' chances to win the game. Thankfully down the stretch, his steal and two fast break buckets, followed by him being the ONLY GUY WHO COULD MAKE A FREE THROW. Clutch senior play when it counted the most. His smile walking down the court on the way to his free throw attempts was a great moment.

I love this. Two guys who have not looked so good in many games get a thread of their own because they played a big part in our win. Yes, our team still has a lot of warts, but I feel like we have enough guys now who are capable of rising up on a given night. And in several tough games, they have! I’m looking forward to more like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is why we have him. He won't fit perfectly every game, but against a slow footed Badgers team, it was ideal.

100%. Same with Hurt. I wouldn't be surprised to see Stockman play more against certain teams either. I guess we can add Jelly as well. I don't see Amir or Stull being able to stay in front of the quicker PG's in the B1G.

I love this. Two guys who have not looked so good in many games get a thread of their own because they played a big part in our win. Yes, our team still has a lot of warts, but I feel like we have enough guys now who are capable of rising up on a given night. And in several tough games, they have! I’m looking forward to more like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, we have many good pieces - the key to this year is how they come together. Pitino showed a capacity to look at these pieces and assemble the right ones for a winning game plan. Looking forward to next up.

Top Bottom