Hack a Happ

alchemy2u

Reaction score
On BTN after game show they just talked about how Pitino just made the rest of the season very difficult for Wisconsin. The rest of the league is going to do hack a Happ which will make if difficult for them to play their best player at the end of close games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On BTN after game show they just talked about how Pitino just made the rest of the season very difficult for Wisconsin. The rest of the league is going to do hack a Happ which will make if difficult for them to play their best player at the end of close games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should have already been doing that. It’s not a new issue.

Happ is clearly annoyed by it post game and annoyed having to answer a question about it.

Happ clearly pretty disgusted with himself. I hate Wisco but have a lot of respect for Happ, the guy is a stud. If it were any other team, you would have to feel bad for the guy

Happ is clearly annoyed by it post game and annoyed having to answer a question about it.

He should shoot better free throws then, his form is a train wreck. Most could hit 52% with their off hand.

Happ clearly pretty disgusted with himself. I hate Wisco but have a lot of respect for Happ, the guy is a stud. If it were any other team, you would have to feel bad for the guy

Why would you feel bad for a kid who clearly hasn't worked enough on the biggest weakness in his game? It's not like he's a great FT shooter who just had a bad night.

Go Gophers!!

Why would you feel bad for a kid who clearly hasn't worked enough on the biggest weakness in his game? It's not like he's a great FT shooter who just had a bad night.

Go Gophers!!

surely he has worked very hard on it. sometimes you just aren't good at something no matter how much time you put in at it. you ever play any golf?

Go Gophers!!

Haha ummm, what? You have no idea how hard Happ has or hasn't worked on his free throws. And oftentimes in these instances hard work on free throws is totally irrelevant and sometimes counterproductive. It's the only part of basketball that is 100% mental and not reactionary.

We all hate Wisconsin and tonight was an awesome win. I don't feel bad for Happ at all, screw him and the Badger program. But the original post was spot on, literally any other kid/school (meh, besides Iowa) and a normal Gopher fan would feel sympathy.

Happ should set a B1G single season record for free throw attempts. If you’re up 10 or down 10 or anything between, HACK-a-HAPP

surely he has worked very hard on it. sometimes you just aren't good at something no matter how much time you put in at it. you ever play any golf?

No, because I suck! ;)

Go Gophers!!

Weak sauce. Golf is hard. Free throws on the other hand... you can teach the vast majority of the population to make two-thirds of their free throws. It's a skill, like macrame.

Haha ummm, what? You have no idea how hard Happ has or hasn't worked on his free throws. And oftentimes in these instances hard work on free throws is totally irrelevant and sometimes counterproductive. It's the only part of basketball that is 100% mental and not reactionary.

We all hate Wisconsin and tonight was an awesome win. I don't feel bad for Happ at all, screw him and the Badger program. But the original post was spot on, literally any other kid/school (meh, besides Iowa) and a normal Gopher fan would feel sympathy.

It's wisconsin, we just won there, I'm not in the mood to talk rationally!

Go Gophers!!

But yea, awesome job by Pitino and staff tonight to have the balls to fully commit to the strategy. Really impressive

Weak sauce. Golf is hard. Free throws on the other hand... you can teach the vast majority of the population to make two-thirds of their free throws. It's a skill, like macrame.

you are speaking in hyperbole

you REALLY think that the reason Ethan Happ is bad at free throws is because he doesn't practice it enough? you're a moron if you think he's not spending time on it

There have been TONS of guys over the years (Shaq, to list the most obvious example) whos teammates swear shoot 75% in practice but 50% in games.

This!!
Some people need to learn how to enjoy these moments more!

Haha so shocking the Gopherhole backroom staff is riding to the rescue of a ridiculous comment.

Pretty sure we're all enjoying this evening an ample amount.

you are speaking in hyperbole

you REALLY think that the reason Ethan Happ is bad at free throws is because he doesn't practice it enough? you're a moron if you think he's not spending time on it

I knew that would be controversial, but i will die on this hill. I feel that with people like Happ and Shaq, much of it is mental and can be overcome. It could always be that they're one of the vast minority that just can't do it, but i doubt it.

I know it's harder for tall guys than it is for me, but sh!t, uncoordinated people can be taught to juggle and play guitar!

He’s probably going to get taken out towards the end of games.

I knew that would be controversial, but i will die on this hill. I feel that with people like Happ and Shaq, much of it is mental and can be overcome. It could always be that they're one of the vast minority that just can't do it, but i doubt it.

I know it's harder for tall guys than it is for me, but sh!t, uncoordinated people can be taught to juggle and play guitar!

Hey Shaq had a wrist injury that prevented full range of motion. Keep his name out of this lol.

Haha so shocking the Gopherhole backroom staff is riding to the rescue of a ridiculous comment.

Pretty sure we're all enjoying this evening an ample amount.

I just happen to agree. I'm not feeling badly for Happ, and I still think your enjoyment lacks a certain joi de vivre.

Maybe he will be the one to swallow his pride and shoot granny style.

He’s probably going to get taken out towards the end of games.

Hard to take out your offense. Everything runs through Happ. Not just scoring but everything. He has to make free throws or they need to find a way to score with him off the floor, or at least not touching the ball

Maybe he will be the one to swallow his pride and shoot granny style.
There's a great TAL on Wilt and the granny style...called Choosing Wrong
Wilt Chamberlain - easily one of the best basketball players of all time - was a terrible free throw shooter. Except for one season when he changed technique and scored more free throws in one game than anyone ever has. Then, crazily, he gave up the technique. Malcolm Gladwell explains why we often make the wrong decisions, in full awareness that they're wrong.

Don't care about Happ's self esteem....hack-a-happ worked and he sucked at the line. Next time we play them start fouling him sooner.

Top Bottom