Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 70

Thread: Hack a Happ

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GopherinPhilly View Post
    Don't care about Happ's self esteem....hack-a-happ worked and he sucked at the line. Next time we play them start fouling him sooner.
    And not Murphy, Curry or Oturu necessarily. Omersa is built like an NFL right end. I bet he canfoul people.


  2. #32

    Default

    The guy is great, but he needs some psych. coach to program him to get into a mental mode on the FT line. it can be done.
    I was a 70 percent shooter in HS and should have been 95; young in the early shots, did better later

  3. #33

    Default

    Oh yea, F>>> that goon Haap. I hope he ends up playing in Europe, and he will get a lot tougher.

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin Gopher View Post
    Haha ummm, what? You have no idea how hard Happ has or hasn't worked on his free throws. And oftentimes in these instances hard work on free throws is totally irrelevant and sometimes counterproductive. It's the only part of basketball that is 100% mental and not reactionary.

    We all hate Wisconsin and tonight was an awesome win. I don't feel bad for Happ at all, screw him and the Badger program. But the original post was spot on, literally any other kid/school (meh, besides Iowa) and a normal Gopher fan would feel sympathy.
    No reason to feel bad for him. It's basically his job to be a basketball player. 4th graders can shoot 52%. it's not hard to improve on free throws.

    His form is terrible, coaches should have fixed that by now.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    So. MN
    Posts
    3,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Deuce View Post
    No reason to feel bad for him. It's basically his job to be a basketball player. 4th graders can shoot 52%. it's not hard to improve on free throws.

    His form is terrible, coaches should have fixed that by now.
    His form is fine. 100% mental and he will never ever get better shooting FT conventionally. Needs to go Rick Berry on the bit and shoot FT underhanded- he'd get to at least 60% doing that.
    Please consider donating to this site; especially if you are a frequent poster.

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UpAndUnder43 View Post
    And not Murphy, Curry or Oturu necessarily. Omersa is built like an NFL right end. I bet he canfoul people.
    An NFL right end in 1960, maybe - he weighs 225 pounds.

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    An NFL right end in 1960, maybe - he weighs 225 pounds.
    You just cant help yourself, can you? You know he meant tight end. Nobody calls anyone on the defensive line right or left ends.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenUMNGopher View Post
    You just cant help yourself, can you? You know he meant tight end. Nobody calls anyone on the defensive line right or left ends.
    Sorry. Autocorrect. I meant tight end. Dpo having a good new year. Great guy.

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UpAndUnder43 View Post
    And not Murphy, Curry or Oturu necessarily. Omersa is built like an NFL right end. I bet he canfoul people.
    This is what I said during the game, but now that I think about it it is hard to do. If Happ misses it means Omursa is in the game on the offensive end of the floor.

  10. #40

    Default

    But I thought Ethan was so fundamentally sound!

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Some guy View Post
    This is what I said during the game, but now that I think about it it is hard to do. If Happ misses it means Omursa is in the game on the offensive end of the floor.
    I agree. However the production from our bigs offensively in the second half was so bad, Omersa couldn’t haven’t been worse!

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RatherBeGolfing View Post
    But I thought Ethan was so fundamentally sound!
    I love this narrative. He is tall and white. Makes some little hook shots and stuff. Can’t handle the ball. Can’t ahoot outside of 5 feet. Struggles against double teams and pressure. Can’t make free throws. Not exactly Tim Duncan

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    So. MN
    Posts
    3,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UpAndUnder43 View Post
    I love this narrative. He is tall and white. Makes some little hook shots and stuff. Can’t handle the ball. Can’t ahoot outside of 5 feet. Struggles against double teams and pressure. Can’t make free throws. Not exactly Tim Duncan
    He's the best big ball handler in college basketball- can bring the ball up the court, fantastic passer. Great against doubles and pressure; agree he can't shoot outside of 5 feet and can't make FT.
    Please consider donating to this site; especially if you are a frequent poster.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LesBolstad View Post
    He's the best big ball handler in college basketball- can bring the ball up the court, fantastic passer. Great against doubles and pressure; agree he can't shoot outside of 5 feet and can't make FT.
    He isn’t the best big ball handler in college basketball and he isn’t a fantastic passer. He can sometimes find the open teammate when he is doubled

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    11,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UpAndUnder43 View Post
    He isn’t the best big ball handler in college basketball and he isn’t a fantastic passer. He can sometimes find the open teammate when he is doubled
    He's not a fantastic passer by any means. He is ok. His ball handling, for a big, is really good. His inside game is very good for college but he has zero chance at making the NBA since he can't shoot well enough from the outside. In my opinion of course.
    Aloha Mr. Hand

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •