Default Penn State AllBig Rb Miles Sanders is fifth Nittany Lion to declare early for Draft

Sanders had 1,275 rush yards for PSU this year, plus over 200 rcvng yards...2nd team all big

starting rt Bates, starting rg Mcgovern, starting DT Givens, starting DE Shareff Miller also leaving early in post Bowl announcements

Wr Juwan Johnson, DT Windsor are other starters still considering leaving early

QB McSorley done, WR Thompkins done, both did full eligibility..also starting cb Oruwaryw (ist team all Big), a starting safety, a starting lb have used up eligibility

last time we faced PSU, we took them to OT in Happy Valley
    last time we played them here (2013) we beat them handily, 24-10
    Last edited by swingman; 01-03-2019 at 12:21 PM.

Interesting

Would love to see us beat them. They have become my 2nd-most hated Big Ten team with the way they handled the scandal (and their fans' reaction to it).

Get out quick before Brooks, Smith, and Taylor next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Word View Post
    Would love to see us beat them. They have become my 2nd-most hated Big Ten team with the way they handled the scandal (and their fans' reaction to it).
    Yes the scandal was huge and I strongly disagree with the way they handled it. It will be interesting to see if Johnson and Windsor leave early as well. Might depend upon if they need their degrees should pro football not be an option. Sometimes easier to keep going to class etc., instead of jumping back into it a year later etc.

They have been recruiting well so there will likely be plenty of talented candidates to take these guy's places.

Quote Originally Posted by badgergopher View Post
    Get out quick before Brooks, Smith, and Taylor next year.
    I think NFL teams will be wayyyyy more interested in Miles Sanders than those three regardless of this year or next

The greatest punting game I've ever seen was when the Gophers beat them at TCF in 2013. I think it won us the game.

Mortell had 4 punts.

1st punt: 39 yards, downed at the penn state 1
    2nd punt: 62 yards!!, downed at the penn state 2
    3rd punt: 43 yards, 2 yard return, downed at the penn state 12
    4th punt: 40 yards, no return, downed at the penn state 39.

Quote Originally Posted by Word View Post
    Agree.
    Aloha Mr. Hand

Quote Originally Posted by UpAndUnder43 View Post
    The greatest punting game I've ever seen was when the Gophers beat them at TCF in 2013. I think it won us the game.

Mortell had 4 punts.

1st punt: 39 yards, downed at the penn state 1
    2nd punt: 62 yards!!, downed at the penn state 2
    3rd punt: 43 yards, 2 yard return, downed at the penn state 12
    4th punt: 40 yards, no return, downed at the penn state 39.
    Yep, Mortell was a weapon for sure.

James Franklin is in for some hurt now that McSorley is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they will just reload. Maybe they sign one of those free agent QBs out there. Someday maybe we will have the atmosphere they have in their stadium. Those "White Out" games are pretty impressive and if recruits are there for those games it must be hard not to want to be part of it.

Juwan Johnson in transfer portal...was a 54 catch, 700 yard guy in 2017...fell off to 352 on 25 receptions this year...injuries, drops led Franklin to go with younger guys

The ND QB Wimbush is transferring and PSU is considered a possible landing spot