***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT wisconsin IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
The main part of the Big Ten season is upon us and we sit at an impressive 11-2 overall. To kick things off we head to rival wisconsin where the nut punches are as frequent as the flops. We've got two of the best big men in recent Big Ten history facing off and a wisconsin team likely looking to get back on track after losing to a team that lost to Belmont. We have much trouble at Madison with the last win there the miracle comeback from Westbrook and DJ and the boys.

A win would be a big sign that this team can compete for a Tourney bid.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Gophers!!

hit a 3 or 2 and keep Happ in check....we win

Prediction: Gophers 72 Badgers 69

I woke up this morning and said to myself "you know what, I'm not even going to get invested in this game. I'll watch it but stay calm" and now, more than 6 hours before tip-off, I know that isn't true. PLEASE WIN THIS GAME.

I woke up this morning and said to myself "you know what, I'm not even going to get invested in this game. I'll watch it but stay calm" and now, more than 6 hours before tip-off, I know that isn't true. PLEASE WIN THIS GAME.

LOL!

Similar story. I told my wife last night one of my New Year's resolutions was to not swear in front of her or have a hissy fit while watching a Gopher road game on TV. I really want to learn to accept the fact the Gophers (historically) are a terrible road team, and that I need to be level-headed about it. Pretty safe bet that resolution will be put to the test tonight with the Badgers and Flop Davison involved.

Last edited:

When watching a few Wisconsin games this year, opposing coaches seem to do one of the following:

1) Don't double-team Happ and let him get his 25 points, but try neutralize their shooters by playing aggressive defense on the three point line.
2) Double-team Happ and/or pack in the defense, and hope the Badgers shoot less than 35% on three point attempts.

Wonder which route Pitino will take, or maybe he's got something else up his sleeve.

When watching a few Wisconsin games this year, opposing coaches seem to do one of the following:

1) Don't double-team Happ and let him get his 25 points, but try neutralize their shooters by playing aggressive defense on the three point line.
2) Double-team Happ and/or pack in the defense, and hope the Badgers shoot less than 35% on three point attempts.

Wonder which route Pitino will take, or maybe he's got something else up his sleeve.

Can we not double Happ and still try to run shooters off the 3 point line? Seems to me you can combine these strategies. If the game is close late, Hack-A-Happ is a reasonable move.

I expect Happ to be in foul trouble early with Pitino running everyone at him. This team is built with cutters and depth inside. Hope the lid is not on the basket tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please shoot 35%+ from 3. Please. And please don’t have Murphy and another in foul trouble in the first 5 minutes.

Please shoot 35%+ from 3. Please. And please don’t have Murphy and another in foul trouble in the first 5 minutes.

Make the 3 defend the 3, Murph staying on the floor. If we don't succeed in all 3, it won't end well. I think tonight's game could define the rest of the season. Shouldn't be this much pressure for game 3 of the B10, but I think our season might mirror the results of this game. Can't lay an egg tonight. Let's Goooooo

How fitting in that we're all thinking the same fate will hamper our chances again. Murphy in foul trouble early and horrible 3 point shooting. Add I'll advised shot attempts by Jelly and 15+ turnovers. Yep, I think that's about it.

Please, please Pitino and team prove me wrong.

Make the 3 defend the 3, Murph staying on the floor. If we don't succeed in all 3, it won't end well. I think tonight's game could define the rest of the season. Shouldn't be this much pressure for game 3 of the B10, but I think our season might mirror the results of this game. Can't lay an egg tonight. Let's Goooooo
Looking at our schedule, this game is not an end all game. If we play defense and don't turn the ball over, we will win.

Looking at our schedule, this game is not an end all game. If we play defense and don't turn the ball over, we will win.

Exactly. The next 4 set up well with Maryland at home and then three truly awful teams. Tonight is huge in the sense of not being 2 games behind UW only 3 games in.

Go Gophers! I would like to see the Gophers play tough on the road and get a W. Also I hope Davidson gets tripped a few times.

Focus in, own the boards, make your 3,s, limit your TO,s and Gophers win!

Cmon guys!

This

Watching PSU Michigan muted because Dan Dachich.

I was really surprised to learn we haven't won in Madison since 2009. Let's change that, and rough Davidson up a little bit.

What's the over/under for Davison flops tonight? I'll set it at 4.

Offense so far seems to have no purpose -- just a bunch of weaving 18 feet from the basket and Murphy up top.

hopefully that 3 will loosen them up on offense

Looked like a tomahawk chop to the face

Top Bottom