***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT wisconsin IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

To be fair, Kalscheur got benched for some lackadaisical passing.

Pitino didn't even let the guy finish his question about Jelly

Pitino has been asked two questions about why IW didn’t play during the presser on BTN. He brushed around the first one because it was a loaded question and completely ignored the second question in silence ... something is going on there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah smells like disciplining for something.

Doesn't matter how ugly a game is. Find a way to win, especially if it's a road game. Our defense was awesome tonight. Side note: the refs were absolutely ridiculous in the 2nd half. At one point, it was a 12-4 foul differential. Unbelievable.

+1

A win is a win, and a loss is a loss. Two things can happen in any basketball game, and tonight we got the good one.

Pitino just quickly dismissed a question about IW in his postgame presser and moved on. He confirmed it was DNP-CD and nothing more. Clearly didn’t want to address it.

He did address.

Said he felt Stull has a better fit for the way the game was going to be played.

“Did you do anything different after Murphy fouled out?”
“No. We just kept fouling Happ”

He did address.

Said he felt Stull has a better fit for the way the game was going to be played.

Did you see Pitinos death stare after cutting him off with the no on the second question.

I guess I'm not too worried about the Washington situation...it will work itself out. I'm happy they won tonight and couldn't care much less about any of the other drama.

Did you see Pitinos death stare after cutting him off with the no on the second question.

I saw it. Lots of assumptions being made.

Pitino addressed it and moved on.

That cheeky smile by McBrayer as he went to shoot those free throws at the end was pure gold.

Feel good for Dupree. He’s pretty good at basketball.

Three major turning points of the game: Amir in the first half, Stull’s pair of clutch 3s to stop a UW run, and Pree’s back-to-back defensive plays under 2 minutes at the end. Wow, that was sweet.

And Amir’s mid lane shot prior to DM’s steals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We have no votes this week. 38 teams do. And Wiscy just lost to Western Kentucky. I doubt we are jumping 14+ teams. Win 2 next week and maybe.

We could maybe sneak in. Obviously Wisconsin lost tonight, #25 Iowa lost to Purdue, and #24 Nebraska plays #25 Iowa on Sunday, so one of them will lose. Maybe Iowa stays in if they beat Nebraska? But I think a road win against a ranked team tonight would put us on the radar. It’s been a few weeks since we last had a win of any significance. I guess I won’t be surprised either way.

Feel good for Dupree. He’s pretty good at basketball.

I hope this is a launching pad for him. Also, we are guilty of taking his defense for granted when he's not making shots.

D.O. was outstanding for a freshman. Looking forward to 4 years with him!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Who cares about IW not playing? We won a road game in Madison. I don't understand the big fuss here.

He did address.

That was a different question, the first of 2 that involved IW, but Stull was the focus. The second one was directly related to IW and that’s the one Pitino cut short.

Pitino won the game by fouling Happ. If he gets credit for bad play, he gets credit for that coaching move.

Jim Dutcher was correct. Player to player we are better.

At Wisconsin and the Stripes even things out.

First half defense was also the best I’ve seen this year.

Congrats to the Gophers.

That was a different question, the first of 2 that involved IW, but Stull was the focus. The second one was directly related to IW and that’s the one Pitino cut short.

It’s not wrong though. Wisconsin is not athletic enough to hurt Stull or even Hurt so they could get minutes.

He had already addressed it. Didn’t need to elaborate on it further.

Terrible coaching. We’re lucky WI has missed so many FT’s.

I agree, Gard’s coaching really suspect tonight.

Coach chimes in:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

How many times did you say that in this thread? How many times were you wrong?

I wasn’t on here but I was worried too. Glad it was wrong and our guys could step it up without him.

Tremendous choke job happening by the Gophers.

What was that? You just keep saying **** like that over and over so you look smart if we lose? Coward

He did address.

I'm a fan of IW and I respect Pition's decision on this game. He needed players who were very disciplined. It doesn't require great athelticism to beat Wisconsin.

Watched press conferences after game, typical Wisconsin egos, no one including Gard or his players gave any credit to MN for their effort and how they played, zero class as always by badgers, Ski-U-Mah! Go Gophers, huge road win and let’s keep it rollin’!!!

Top Bottom