***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT wisconsin IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Three major turning points of the game: Amir in the first half, Stull’s pair of clutch 3s to stop a UW run, and Pree’s back-to-back defensive plays under 2 minutes at the end. Wow, that was sweet.

Listen to you guys. "I wish it were a prettier win in WI. I wish he would have coached a better win"

Ill take this win all day every day.

Exactly! Win at a ranked Wisconsin as 10 point underdogs?? Wisconsin plays ugly ball, that’s how you have to win. Fantastic Defense, especially in the first half.

I missed it, is Washington hurt, or was that a healthy DNP?

Really liked our D tonight and hope the team buys into this level of intensity for every game. Was definitely not pretty but when we can beat a ranked team with Murphy essentially being a non factor that's a good night.

GREAT defensive performance. Amazing to go on the road and get a win against a ranked Wisconsin team

So proud of how Dupree played tonight

Kalscheur is an amazing defender despite such limited athleticism

but...... what the heck kind of message is RP trying to send to Isaiah???? Didn't play a single minute while the Gophers struggled offensively the entire second half? I know IW has had his struggles this year but this is just getting really bad.

Last 2 things....
1. commentary tonight was atrocious. these dudes had no awareness of who the players are or what was going on on the court. totally pitiful performance
2. officiating was equally atrocious. horrible phantom calls against curry and murph in the second half. no idea what they were looking at on some of those. Nice to get a win when you're playing against the opponent and the refs

All in all... I think we should expect to see the Gophers ranked in the next edition of the polls

Two really stupid teams out there tonight. Ugly, ugly basketball. I'll take it though.

Really liked our D tonight and hope the team buys into this level of intensity for every game. Was definitely not pretty but when we can beat a ranked team with Murphy essentially being a non factor that's a good night.

I think getting a lot of rebounds is a factor.

GREAT defensive performance. Amazing to go on the road and get a win against a ranked Wisconsin team

but...... what the heck kind of message is RP trying to send to Isaiah???? Didn't play a single minute while the Gophers struggled offensively the entire second half? I know IW has had his struggles this year but this is just getting really bad.

Last 2 things....
1. commentary tonight was atrocious. these dudes had no awareness of who the players are or what was going on on the court. totally pitiful performance
2. officiating was equally atrocious. horrible phantom calls against curry and murph in the second half. no idea what they were looking at on some of those. Nice to get a win when you're playing against the opponent and the refs

All in all... I think we should expect to see the Gophers ranked in the next edition of the polls

Agree about Washington. WTF

This team has consistently found a way to win games this season, which is encouraging. Man we could be so much better, though. Need our bigs to be more disciplined defensively. They don’t need to try and block every shot.

Our offense can be brutal my god. That weave isn’t enough, especially if jelly isn’t going to play. Overall couldn’t be happier we beat Wisco...they are gonna be really, really bad without Happ

Last 2 things....

We have no votes this week. 38 teams do. And Wiscy just lost to Western Kentucky. I doubt we are jumping 14+ teams. Win 2 next week and maybe.

That cheeky smile by McBrayer as he went to shoot those free throws at the end was pure gold.

I wonder if it was a doghouse thing or a "Jelly doesn't fit my gameplan for at Wisconsin" thing.

this is probably the answer. the gameplan and team defense was excellent, really limited what Wisco could accomplish offensively, so we can't really fault him. still disappointing though that our 4 star recruit is a healthy DNP. you have to think jelly would've helped get some easier buckets in the second half when the gophers were having a really tough time getting looks, while not giving up that much defensively. the wisconsin guards are not great on offense so you would think the tradeoff of having jelly in the game would be worth it

KFAN had excellent coverage.

Pitino just quickly dismissed a question about IW in his postgame presser and moved on. He confirmed it was DNP-CD and nothing more. Clearly didn’t want to address it.

Right now during the presser:
“Any other reason than coaches decision to not...”
“No”
“...play Isaiah?”

Doesn't matter how ugly a game is. Find a way to win, especially if it's a road game. Our defense was awesome tonight. Side note: the refs were absolutely ridiculous in the 2nd half. At one point, it was a 12-4 foul differential. Unbelievable.

Pitino has been asked two questions about why IW didn’t play during the presser on BTN. He brushed around the first one because it was a loaded question and completely ignored the second question in silence ... something is going on there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom