Ranking all 39 college football bowl games for 2018-19 (#29. Quick Lane Bowl)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

The 2018-19 bowl season was one of extremes. There were 39 games scheduled (not including the College Football Playoff National Championship), but only 38 of them were played. In those 38 bowl games, we saw the average final margin of victory was 16.7 points, meaning the average bowl game was a three-score affair this season. That makes it look like there weren't any close games, but that stat's a bit misleading as well.

It's true, of the 38 games played, 17 of them finished with a final margin of three scores or more; that's nearly 45 percent of the games played. On the other side of the coin, however, 16 of the bowls finished as one-score games. Of course, that's a bit misleading as well because a couple of those one-score games were only due to teams scoring touchdowns in the final minute while never having a real chance of winning the game.

Still, all in all, it was a bowl season that either brought us a close game or a blowout. There wasn't much middle ground, and that makes ranking this year's games a bit more difficult. I already know that the vast majority of readers will disagree with my No. 1 pick, but I'm sticking with it, and I'll explain it later.

First, I'm going to rank the other 38 games.

29. Quick Lane -- Minnesota 34, Georgia Tech 10: Paul Johnson's farewell did not go as planned for Georgia Tech, as Minnesota gave it a dose of its own medicine by rushing for 260 yards in the game. (37)

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...games-for-2018-19-from-the-worst-to-the-best/

Go Gophers!!

I ranked the Quick Lane bowl #1 as both the most exciting, and the most impactful game on my list of bowls watched. And I watched a lot of them. Hmmm. :)

I ranked the Quick Lane bowl #1 as both the most exciting, and the most impactful game on my list of bowls watched. And I watched a lot of them. Hmmm. :)

Mine too - I agree Schnauzer - but I have a feeling that the good people from Atlanta cheering for Georgia Tech would not agree with us!!

Not worried about this. We destroyed GT too easily for it to be that fun of a game for a neutral observer. It's a compliment.

The Alamo and Camaellia were the most entertaining for me. For the latter, I was only able to listen to the game as I was on a road trip that day, but there was still entertainment value coming through. Have to say I don't mind too much where Quick Lane was ranked, it was kinda relaxing having our win more or less sealed and not having to worry haha.

I love that his #1 was the Cheez-It Bowl! I watched that one again and can't disagree, painful to watch, but couldn't look away

I love that his #1 was the Cheez-It Bowl! I watched that one again and can't disagree, painful to watch, but couldn't look away
More like Cheez-INT bowl. 9 in one game? Oof.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Not worried about this. We destroyed GT too easily for it to be that fun of a game for a neutral observer. It's a compliment.

Why on earth would a neutral observer ever watch the Quicklane bowl between a couple of average teams?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why on earth would a neutral observer ever watch the Quicklane bowl between a couple of average teams?

Same reason people watch daytime talk shows. Because it is on.

It's college football, and it's on TV.

Top Bottom