Video: Texas mascot Bevo XV charges at Georgia's Uga X before Sugar Bowl

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per SB Nation:

Texas and Georgia have two of college sports’ most famous and beloved live mascots. UT has Bevo, a big longhorn steer, and UGA has Uga, a cute but tenacious bulldog.

The Longhorns and Dawgs are playing in the Sugar Bowl this year. In the name of sportsmanship, the steer and the dog were to have a pregame meeting. That plan was scuttled when Bevo, who is many times bigger than Uga, charged at the dog.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2019/1/1/18164553/bevo-uga-sugar-bowl-fight

Go Gophers!!

Does Bevo do push-ups after every touchdown?

Not sure what everyone involved was expecting. Bulldogs were originally bred to fight bulls... anyway, easily my favorite moment of bowl season if not the entire college football season

This is the first I had seen of it. I remember while watching the game that Sean McDonough had remarked (paraphrasing) that Bevo had been in a sour mood from the start. I guess this is what he was referring to. Anyway, glad Uga made it out of there without getting gored.

I mean, what can go wrong when you have a 2-ton animal with horns like machetes being tethered by 3 skinny wanna-be cowboys and contained by a few aluminum gates?

Don't confuse me for PETA, but I think we should really stop using live animals as mascots

When they pick a new Bevo they do quite a bit of testing to figure out the temperament, also it's a steer ... just not a good day I guess.

The Gophers need a live mascot in addition to Goldy

Don't confuse me for PETA, but I think we should really stop using live animals as mascots

Don't confuse me for PETA either but UGA represents perhaps the best example of a dog breed that should not exist. Despite being a rather popular breed, many of the current characteristics where bred in to appeal to human senses rather than for any identifiable job or purpose. What has resulted is a breed of dog that usually has to be born through c-section, is short lived compared to most other breeds, and overflows with health issues. They basically snort their short lives away struggling to get air to their lungs and trying not to overheat. Ironically, they were twisted into their current form from a root breed of bulldog that was taller and very healthy, athletic, etc.

Don't confuse me for PETA either but UGA represents perhaps the best example of a dog breed that should not exist. Despite being a rather popular breed, many of the current characteristics where bred in to appeal to human senses rather than for any identifiable job or purpose. What has resulted is a breed of dog that usually has to be born through c-section, is short lived compared to most other breeds, and overflows with health issues. They basically snort their short lives away struggling to get air to their lungs and trying not to overheat. Ironically, they were twisted into their current form from a root breed of bulldog that was taller and very healthy, athletic, etc.

Plus, they're just ugly as hell.

Dogs seem to need a rework ... they're mostly not working anymore. Need to start breeding healthy lapdogs first combined with looks people want.

Plus, their farts really stink.

The Gophers need a live mascot in addition to Goldy

Then you would have all those gopher holes in the turf and we would then end up having to hire Carl Spackler to get rid of it.

No argument here. I'm a proponent for mutts

Cattle are mostly color-blind and don’t see red. Bulls are reacting to motion not color in bullfighting.

knowing.jpg

They’re animals. Move on.

Anyone watch that and wonder who signs off on having that bull with the killer horns on the sidelines controlled only by two small people with tiny ropes? When the bulls pull away you can see the two people have zero impact on preventing the bull from doing what it wants to.

Top Bottom