B1G West vs. B1G East in Bowl games....

What? I don’t get that comparison. The B1G opponents of the teams you mentioned were also generally ranked higher.

Mich ranked higher than Florida - Loss
PSU ranked higher than UK - Loss

Northwestern ranked lower than Utah - Win
Iowa ranked lower than Miss St - Win

People are asserting that because the west went 4-1 and the west went 1-3, the gap between the two is exaggerated and my point is that the difference in bowl records is because the east played more difficult teams and does not prove the gap between the east and west is exaggerated. I was demonstrating that the Big Ten East's opponents were better than the West's opponents with that comparison.

People are asserting that because the west went 4-1 and the west went 1-3, the gap between the two is exaggerated and my point is that the difference in bowl records is because the east played more difficult teams and does not prove the gap between the east and west is exaggerated. I was demonstrating that the Big Ten East's opponents were better than the West's opponents with that comparison.

I believe the greatest demonstration of the gap being exaggerated is this:
Ohio State vs East the last two years 12-0
Ohio State vs west the last two years 6-2

Ohio state is better than everyone else in the big ten.
If you put Ohio state, Illinois, Rutgers, Maryland, Purdue, Minnesota, and Indiana in one division and you measured the strength of the division on big ten championships. That division would still be dominant.

The BT East is 53-43 against the West, including championship games. tOSU is 13-2 against the West by itself. West teams get the extra home game in 2019, so the gap could be more narrow a year from now.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom