Pitino

Slick Jim badger built. Slick Jim. Dirty as they come. And you cited him and his program as a standard to work towards.

You ignore all those that cheat and maintain competitive advantages year after year, and at the same time claim the others should win. Big.

Yabut.

And your ignoring all those that won without cheating.

And your ignoring all those that won without cheating.

UCONN was dirty under slick Jimmy bbuilt. I am glad you agree.

Unfortunately, you hold UCONN as a standard for our Gophers to emulate.

The key is whether or not you HIRE the RIGHT person rather than how often you FIRE the WRONG person. Similarly, keeping the wrong person in order to avoid firing a coach for the sake of not firing coaches does nothing to help your program. I don't see how people don't get that.

I don't get that either.

Remember Ray Meyer at DePaul? Remember how great a coach his son Joey was?
Point is...just cause the old man was great...it doesn't mean the son will be great.
So far, son Pitino has been more like Joey Meyer. I like the kid, but he hasn't produced anything great over his 6 years at Minnesota.

For another example: son Pat Knight vs. father Bobby Knight (don't get me wrong, I don't want another Bobby Knight here but I don't think there are any around these days anyway).

For another example: son Pat Knight vs. father Bobby Knight (don't get me wrong, I don't want another Bobby Knight here but I don't think there are any around these days anyway).

But on the other hand, Saul Smith totally contradicts that point

Are you ignoring all those that have won without cheating, all those other examples ? That is less than honest.

Which ones are those exactly? There are about zero Universities that have won big consistently in College Basketball that haven't cheated.

UCONN was dirty under slick Jimmy bbuilt. I am glad you agree.

Unfortunately, you hold UCONN as a standard for our Gophers to emulate.

Actually i hold UW and UVA and Butler as programs to equal.

Remember Ray Meyer at DePaul? Remember how great a coach his son Joey was?
Point is...just cause the old man was great...it doesn't mean the son will be great.
So far, son Pitino has been more like Joey Meyer. I like the kid, but he hasn't produced anything great over his 6 years at Minnesota.

Joey Meyer’s first 8 years featured seven ncaa tourney appearances(two of those sweet 16’s) so I think he could coach a little. Not sure what happened those last few years at DePaul, but the program has been irrelevant since then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joey Meyer’s first 8 years featured seven ncaa tourney appearances(two of those sweet 16’s) so I think he could coach a little. Not sure what happened those last few years at DePaul, but the program has been irrelevant since then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Living off the legacy of his dad.
By the way, I met Ray a few times at his cabin up in Northeastern Wisconsin (Near Eagle River and Rhinelander). He was a great guy. Wonderful story teller and he loved helping kids. He ran a basketball camp even after retirement. He had cabins where kids like Dan Issel and Isaiah Thomas had their signatures scribbled on the rafters and walls. He would drive the boat and drag kids around on an old inner tube. They just don't make em like Ray anymore.

Top Bottom