2019 College Basketball Coaches Fired/Hired Thread

Any chance we could get Jim Molinari back on the Gophers staff? He's a terrific defensive coach.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Glad Bill Moos is a huge idiot. Glad to to get a quality coach out of the conference. Before Built even responds to this comment.... I don't give a F what his record was in Lincoln, he is a good coach and Nebraska is replacing him with a coach who will likely leave after a couple of succesful seasons because he doesn't care for recruiting.

You have your opinion. I like Miles, hope it is nothing but great things in his future. Nebraska has every right to try and win more.

You have your opinion. I like Miles, hope it is nothing but great things in his future. Nebraska has every right to try and win more.

Nebraska has every right and can feel justified in firing Miles. That being said, Moos botched this terribly. Miles is a good guy and very well liked by peers. The thing that will hurt Moos is if Hoiberg flounders or Hoiberg does well and gets an NBA job, Moos next hire will be tough.

Any chance we could get Jim Molinari back on the Gophers staff? He's a terrific defensive coach.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I would love that, but who will they force out? Lindsted?

SDSU's TJ Otzelberger named new head coach at UNLV.

As an SDSU alumnus, sad to see him go as he had 3 good seasons. However, would've liked to see how he did without Daum.

Nebraska has every right and can feel justified in firing Miles. That being said, Moos botched this terribly. Miles is a good guy and very well liked by peers. The thing that will hurt Moos is if Hoiberg flounders or Hoiberg does well and gets an NBA job, Moos next hire will be tough.

Agree. A very bad look. How you go about your business says everything about you.

ESPN: UNLV hires S. Dakota St.'s Otzelberger as coach

UNLV hired South Dakota State's T.J. Otzelberger as its next head coach, the school announced Wednesday.

"I have been fortunate to coach at some amazing universities and it was going to take a very special opportunity to leave Brookings," Otzelberger said in a statement. "UNLV basketball is one of the most storied programs in the nation and situated in one of the world's greatest cities. I'm honored to have the opportunity to add to the Runnin' Rebels' rich history and my family and I could not be more proud to be the newest members of this world-class university and Las Vegas community."

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/26372848/unlv-hires-s-dakota-st-otzelberger-coach

Go Gophers!!

Rumored that former Georgia coach Mark Fox is in negotiations with Cal.

What is the story with UCLA and Arizona? Those will cause other dominoes to fall.

What is the story with UCLA and Arizona? Those will cause other dominoes to fall.

Arizona particularly, to me, with their current class. Miller’s initial speech seemed like he thought he was gone but he’s stuck around for now, which makes it seems like they’re going to hang with him unless another hammer hits

If Arizona was going to fire Miller, seems like they would've done it by now since they didn't make any post-season tournament. There's been plenty of downtime to go ahead and pull the trigger.

Mistake by Arizona keeping Miller IMO. Supposedly Arkansas thinks they're getting Kalvin Sampson.

Wasserman and his Bel Air friends have lined up 75 million 10 year deal for Bennett. Would be shocked if he takes it. Otherwise they are going t go for Luke Walton if he does not take Arizona if Miller is fired, Then it is on to Beard who has a family situation keeping him in Texas. The power players at Bel-Air CC think they can pull it off and have made contact with his agent. They have about a 1 % chance.

Wasserman and his Bel Air friends have lined up 75 million 10 year deal for Bennett. Would be shocked if he takes it. Otherwise they are going t go for Luke Walton if he does not take Arizona if Miller is fired, Then it is on to Beard who has a family situation keeping him in Texas. The power players at Bel-Air CC think they can pull it off and have made contact with his agent. They have about a 1 % chance.

UVa is not matching 10/$75 million. Mr. Jefferson would not approve of such foolishness.

Funny. “Bel-Air CC” is ranked 19 in US News, 6 spots ahead of UVA, and 30 spots ahead of UW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UVa is not matching 10/$75 million. Mr. Jefferson would not approve of such foolishness.

UVA will give him what he needs. 4.15 this year so far. They will not be going over 5 but they can do a 25 million annuity above contract if he stays 5. LA is not going to work with a wife from the south and a son in his freshman yr. of high school. Not about the money, The Strong and the Nicholas group and later the folks that built JPJ did great on the money.

Funny. “Bel-Air CC” is ranked 19 in US News, 6 spots ahead of UVA, and 30 spots ahead of UW.

You do know the components that make up the US news rankings right? You wouldn’t just cite them like they’re a fact on which school is better right?

You do know the components that make up the US news rankings right? You wouldn’t just cite them like they’re a fact on which school is better right?

I know which ones are harder to get into. Higher standards of acceptance.

Yes, I do. It is one way to look at schools. However you look at it, UCLA is an excellent school, as is UVA and as much as no none of us want to admit so is WI.

Arizona particularly, to me, with their current class. Miller’s initial speech seemed like he thought he was gone but he’s stuck around for now, which makes it seems like they’re going to hang with him unless another hammer hits

I think he has to testify in April, that might be the hammer, he can't lie, it has to be the truth.

Yes, I do. It is one way to look at schools. However you look at it, UCLA is an excellent school, as is UVA and as much as no none of us want to admit so is WI.

I agree with all of that. As long as you realize what the components are and that the US News rankings are not infalliable, to me they’re fine yo use

Minnesota is on par with UW.

Be careful.

As we know from UNC, the requirements (classes) for an athlete may not be as strenuous as they are for a typical student.

And that the entrance requirements for athletes are much easier (as reflected by the latest rich student scandal).

Be careful.

As we know from UNC, the requirements (classes) for an athlete may not be as strenuous as they are for a typical student.

And that the entrance requirements for athletes are much easier (as reflected by the latest rich student scandal).

Really? I just assumed each of these athletes at Duke, Stanford, UW, Minnesota, etc all met the same standard as your typical accepted student.

Really? I just assumed each of these athletes at Duke, Stanford, UW, Minnesota, etc all met the same standard as your typical accepted student.

Some places they actually do. Some places a third of the starters are getting masters degrees. Some schools actually do not have agricultural recreation and athlete dominated classes. Starts in recruiting. Geberally the best student athletes look for the best schools and you target them . There are a many athletes that are great students.

Top Bottom