2019 College Basketball Coaches Fired/Hired Thread

It would be pretty tough to bring in more talent that Beilein did, he produced TONS of NBA players.

I view the Howard hire as a huge risk and likely, a significant downgrade.

I'm likely splitting hairs. I never thought Beilein was considered a top tier recruiter. While yes he's pulled some great players, I would anticipate a great recruiter at Michigan would be top 25 the nation for recruit rankings annually.

Michigan since 2008 recruiting Rank per 247 - Nationa/Big 10

2008 - 283 / 12
2009 - 34 / 5
2010 - 45 / 6
2011 - 29 / 5
2012 - 8 / 2
2013 - 14 / 3
2014 - 30 / 4
2015 - 107 / 14 (Moritz Wagner is the headliner here)
2016 - 31 / 6
2017 - 43 / 6
2018 - 11 / 3

OBVIOUSLY RECRUITING RANKINGS /= QUALITY PLAYERS

However, I do think Juwan will be able to beat those "stats" on the recruiting trail just due to the 'sexiness' of his name. Now, will he coach to the level of Bielien, there is the HUGE risk because Bielien was one of the best in that reguard.

Last edited:

Idaho with a late entry into the thread:

Idaho fires Verlin over possible NCAA violations

Idaho has fired men's basketball coach Don Verlin after he was placed on administrative leave following a consultant's report that found potential NCAA violations.

Idaho announced the firing Friday. Verlin was placed on administrative leave May 28. The school said the decision was made after consultation with current university president Chuck Staben and incoming president C. Scott Green.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...0/idaho-fires-verlin-possible-ncaa-violations

Go Gophers!!

per the Gainesville Sun:

BRYAN GREENLEE
Sport: Basketball
School: The Rock
Position: Guard
Height/weight: 6-foot, 185 pounds
College chosen: Minnesota

Other schools considered: Early on offers from Iowa, Cincinnati, Kennesaw State, interest from Old Dominion, but offers taken by other commitments; committed to Richard Pitino and Minnesota on Thursday, leaves for Minneapolis on Saturday.

Stats: The Sun’s two-time Small School Player of the Year, led the Lions to the Sunshine Independent Athletic Association title in 2019, named tournament MVP, averaged 13.7 ppg., 7.3 apg., 4.2 rpg., 2.5 spg., part of 134 wins in his four years that included two state championships.
Quotable: “It means everything. All the excitement, all the stress of not going where I was going to go. There are so many emotions going on right now. I really wasn’t too stressed out about it because my faith in God is strong. I put my faith in him. I wasn’t too worried about it.” - Bryan Greenlee

https://www.gainesville.com/sports/20190615/rocks-greenlee-signs-with-minnesota

Go Gophers!!

Cleveland State with a late entry into the thread:

Cleveland State fires Felton after two seasons

Coach Dennis Felton and his entire staff have been fired by Cleveland State after just two seasons, athletic director Scott Garrett said Friday.

Garrett reiterated the school takes its mission for student-athletes to have a "transformational experience" very seriously.

"Our coaches operate with the expectation that they should build a culture supportive of our student-athletes in the classroom, accountable for their conduct as representatives of the University, and for their performance on the court," Garrett said in a release. "We will seek a new leader for our program who can deliver on this commitment."

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...7202/cleveland-state-fires-felton-two-seasons

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom