2019 College Basketball Coaches Fired/Hired Thread

I call bull$hit, built.

Call it what you want. When i criticize Pitino i stick to facts. When i an addressing Alford i went with facts. No need to compare them in a post, the numbers are what they are, the recruits are who they are.

Call it what you want. When i criticize Pitino i stick to facts. When i an addressing Alford i went with facts. No need to compare them in a post, the numbers are what they are, the recruits are who they are.

Built, you add some good perspective to the site, but you can’t claim you always take the high road when you take shots at people. You know damn well that your comment about people here thinking a losing record is terrific was about Pitino and his supporters. At least man up to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ESPN: Cincy makes N. Kentucky's Brannen new coach

Cincinnati has hired Northern Kentucky's John Brannen as its next head coach.

Brannen replaces Mick Cronin, who left the Bearcats last week for the vacancy at UCLA. Cronin was Cincinnati's head coach for 13 seasons, leading the Bearcats to the NCAA tournament in each of his past nine seasons in charge.

Brannen has been at Northern Kentucky for four seasons, leading the Norse to two NCAA tournament appearances and two regular-season Horizon League titles over the past three seasons. The Norse went to the NCAA tournament this season, falling to Texas Tech in the first round.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...4522/cincy-makes-n-kentucky-brannen-new-coach

Go Gophers!!

ESPN: Wofford names assistant McAuley head coach

Wofford Terriers didn't look far before hiring associate head coach Jay McAuley to lead the program after longtime coach Mike Young left for Virginia Tech Hokies earlier this month.

The school announced McAuley's promotion Sunday, making him just its third head coach since 1985 in a program that prides itself in building from within. That's how Young, hired by his former basketball boss-turned-athletic director Richard Johnson, got the job in 2002 and made five NCAA tournament appearances over 17 years.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...52/wofford-names-assistant-mcauley-head-coach

Go Gophers!!

ESPN: Cincy makes N. Kentucky's Brannen new coach

Cincinnati has hired Northern Kentucky's John Brannen as its next head coach.

Brannen replaces Mick Cronin, who left the Bearcats last week for the vacancy at UCLA. Cronin was Cincinnati's head coach for 13 seasons, leading the Bearcats to the NCAA tournament in each of his past nine seasons in charge.

Brannen has been at Northern Kentucky for four seasons, leading the Norse to two NCAA tournament appearances and two regular-season Horizon League titles over the past three seasons. The Norse went to the NCAA tournament this season, falling to Texas Tech in the first round.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...4522/cincy-makes-n-kentucky-brannen-new-coach

Go Gophers!!

No Pitino Sr? Boo

Rumor that Ed Conroy is "in the mix" at Southern Mississippi.

Built, you add some good perspective to the site, but you can’t claim you always take the high road when you take shots at people. You know damn well that your comment about people here thinking a losing record is terrific was about Pitino and his supporters. At least man up to it.

Have stated many times each person can decide for themselves for is terrible, good, great. I could care less. I just do not do group think or accept what i think is mediocre. If someone thinks their are veiled insults i do not do that that. Facts of record, observance of failure. We were brought up to think that if we were in the middle of our class something needed fixing. We raised our kids to never think that 7th place was good. We all have our own biases from our experiences. I share my opinion on how i see things. Others have theirs, we disagree.

Have stated many times each person can decide for themselves for is terrible, good, great. I could care less. I just do not do group think or accept what i think is mediocre. If someone thinks their are veiled insults i do not do that that. Facts of record, observance of failure. We were brought up to think that if we were in the middle of our class something needed fixing. We raised our kids to never think that 7th place was good. We all have our own biases from our experiences. I share my opinion on how i see things. Others have theirs, we disagree.

Built, I am not that much younger than you so it isn’t a generational thing. It has nothing to do with accepting mediocrity or not seeing the facts. You are free to your own opinions and I guess to ignoring the insults that feed your bias.

Never even thought of Pitino, just posted Alford facts.

"His conference record is .477 in the big 10. We have a lot of fans that think that is terrific."

The bold part is neither about Alford nor is it fact. Pitino definitely crossed your mind when you lied about people thinking that is a terrific record.

Hope he takes it, if offered.

Has anyone hired Molinari? Would love to have him back here.

I think that would be a great trade up. I think Mo likes it up here. Ask Nadine, who both admires him and knows him reasonably well. Can Mo recruit?

I think that would be a great trade up. I think Mo likes it up here. Ask Nadine, who both admires him and knows him reasonably well. Can Mo recruit?
I hope so, but I'd want him here most for his defensive merit

Rumor that Ed Conroy is "in the mix" at Southern Mississippi.

This would not be a good loss for the Gophers. I know players and parents of players credit him for much of their individual player development. If we lose him, let's hope we find someone that can step into that role.

Go Gophers!!

This would not be a good loss for the Gophers. I know players and parents of players credit him for much of their individual player development. If we lose him, let's hope we find someone that can step into that role.

Go Gophers!!

Tim Miles or Molinari ASAP.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

ESPN: Mississippi Valley St. hires ex-NBA player Hunter

Mississippi Valley State has hired former NBA player and coach Lindsey Hunter as basketball coach.

The school announced Hunter's hiring on its athletic department website Saturday.

Hunter is a Mississippi native and was a star at Jackson State before a 17-year NBA career with the Detroit Pistons, Milwaukee Bucks, Los Angeles Lakers, Toronto Raptors and Chicago Bulls.

Hunter takes over for Andre Payne, whose contract wasn't renewed after five seasons. The Delta Devils had a 6-26 record last season, including a 4-14 mark in the Southwestern Athletic Conference.

Hunter has been an assistant coach in both the NBA and at the college level. He also was interim head coach for the Phoenix Suns for part of the 2012-13 season.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...sissippi-valley-st-hires-ex-nba-player-hunter

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Woj drops a bomb with a late entry into the coaching carousel:

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

I dono, "Heat Culture" is pretty similar to the college game. He'll sell the getting their body right for the NBA through their nutrition and fitness expectations. Juwan has instant recruiting upside due to his Fab 5 days (although todays 18yr olds hardy know Chris Webber and Jalen Rose's backgrounds, let alone Juwan Howard's).

The Heat rosters have overachieved nearly every year since Lebron and Co left and Spo is widely considered a top flight NBA coach.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Juwan brings in better talent than Beilein did, will they be as squeaky clean? Who knows.

I dono, "Heat Culture" is pretty similar to the college game. He'll sell the getting their body right for the NBA through their nutrition and fitness expectations. Juwan has instant recruiting upside due to his Fab 5 days (although todays 18yr olds hardy know Chris Webber and Jalen Rose's backgrounds, let alone Juwan Howard's).

The Heat rosters have overachieved nearly every year since Lebron and Co left and Spo is widely considered a top flight NBA coach.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Juwan brings in better talent than Beilein did, will they be as squeaky clean? Who knows.

It would be pretty tough to bring in more talent that Beilein did, he produced TONS of NBA players.

I view the Howard hire as a huge risk and likely, a significant downgrade.

It would be pretty tough to bring in more talent that Beilein did, he produced TONS of NBA players.

I view the Howard hire as a huge risk and likely, a significant downgrade.

Couldn't be happier especially if Luke Yaklich moves on. Yaklich is a defensive mastermind and could've found an assistant to help on offense. Him and Cooley scared me. Howard will be interesting to see.

Top Bottom