Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    Pretty sure I was talking about Border Security and compromise on the wall and not overall approval, though specifics might have some slight impact on general approval along with a ton of other specific issues.
    http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boa...52#post1671352

This has not proven to be a winning issue for Trump and there's really no denying it. I guess something could change, but it seems unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Gopher View Post
    Montana, too, I think. A fool and their money are soon parted.

Donny two-times would never do such a thing!
    ~ Wright about Life - Having fun with words since 1989 ~

Trump makes the best deals

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.2cf474e1d07c
    Concerning the allocation of blame, 53 percent say Trump and the Republicans are mainly at fault, and 29 percent blame the Democrats in Congress. Thirteen percent say both sides bear equal responsibility for the shutdown.

Justnofacts, why did your d friends want border security and a wall a few short years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by BarnBurner View Post
    Justnofacts, why did your d friends want border security and a wall a few short years ago?
    http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boa...46#post1670446

Garbage.

Chuckle said he wanted a wall. Now he doesn’t. Same for all your d hero’s.

Why the change justnofacts?

Quote Originally Posted by BarnBurner View Post
    Garbage.

Chuckle said he wanted a wall. Now he doesn’t. Same for all your d hero’s.

Why the change justnofacts?
    https://youtu.be/VqlUOnkqH94

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Border Patrol employee union recently deleted their webpage opposing border wall

A union that represents Border Patrol agents recently deleted a webpage that said building walls and fences along the border to stop illegal immigration would be “wasting taxpayer money.”

The deleted webpage, posted in 2012, argued that border barriers don’t tackle the root causes of migration — and could potentially encourage more migrants to enter the U.S. fraudulently or overstay visas.

“Walls and fences are temporary solutions that focus on the symptom (illegal immigration) rather than the problem (employers who knowingly hire illegal aliens),” the union wrote in a media FAQ.

The webpage blasting border walls and fences disappeared from the union’s website on Jan. 4 or sometime thereafter, according to the Internet Archive’s Wayback Machine, which archived the page. VICE’s Motherboard first reported news of the deletion.

On the deleted webpage, the union makes an emphatic case against physical barriers. “Walls and fences are only a speed bump,” the webpage reads. “People who want to come to the United States to obtain employment will continue to go over, under, and around the walls and fences that are constructed.”

Read more at: https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...fences-1081250
    Last edited by Cruze; 01-13-2019 at 08:12 AM.
    #resistance

Oddly, Cruze left out a significant part of the article that added perspective:

The Border Patrol union endorsed Trump during his 2016 campaign and continues to be an administration ally. Brandon Judd, the council’s president, joined the president during a surprise appearance at the Jan. 3 White House news briefing to make the case for border barriers.

At the briefing, Judd called physical barriers “an absolute necessity” to secure the border and thanked Trump for his efforts to procure funding for the project.

In an email to POLITICO, Judd said the webpage represented the position of previous union leaders and had caused confusion on the union’s website.

Judd, who was elected union president in 2013, said he “vehemently disagreed” with the union’s earlier opposition to border barriers.

Judd said the page was left online because the union didn’t want to hide from its earlier stance. “But because it continually gets brought up we made the decision to take it down,“ he added...

Here’s what the acting Border Patrol Chief says about border walls and their effectiveness. Start at 1:48 of the video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jIVtrjSgW3w

We know Obama’s now former Border Patrol Chief says about border walls, he absolutely endorses them, says it is a necessity, and are very effective.

So current and former Border Patrol Chiefs endorse physical barriers, the BP Union endorses them, and the agents themselves; and the border crossing statistics demonstrate the effectiveness.

But what do they know, they only work there everyday of their work life.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    Oddly, Cruze left out a significant part of the article that added perspective:

The Border Patrol union endorsed Trump during his 2016 campaign and continues to be an administration ally. Brandon Judd, the council’s president, joined the president during a surprise appearance at the Jan. 3 White House news briefing to make the case for border barriers.

At the briefing, Judd called physical barriers “an absolute necessity” to secure the border and thanked Trump for his efforts to procure funding for the project.

In an email to POLITICO, Judd said the webpage represented the position of previous union leaders and had caused confusion on the union’s website.

Judd, who was elected union president in 2013, said he “vehemently disagreed” with the union’s earlier opposition to border barriers.

Judd said the page was left online because the union didn’t want to hide from its earlier stance. “But because it continually gets brought up we made the decision to take it down,“ he added...
    It wasn't odd that I didn't include all of the article. I have been doing it for years. If I post entire articles nobody reads them. I post condensed versions that contain what I consider to be the most significant and relevant information in the article. If people want perspective or to read the entire article they can click on the link. That is why I always include the link.
    Last edited by Cruze; 01-13-2019 at 09:24 AM.
    #resistance

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsfan24 View Post
    https://youtu.be/VqlUOnkqH94

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    24 hypocrisy.

Par for the course. Pathetic for d folks that don’t care about Americans being murdered by illegals.

Want illegals for political gain at the expense of Americans. That is sporty at his finest. Lock step with chuckles Schumer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruze View Post
    It wasn't odd that I didn't include all of the article. I have been doing it for years. If I post entire articles nobody reads them. I post condensed versions that contain the most significant information in the article. If people want perspective or to read the entire article they can click on the link. That is why I always include it.
    The most significant? Yeah, in your mind. The media is biased enough, you don’t have to edit Politico’s attempt to balance the article. You tried to give the impression that the BP Union’s position had only recently changed when, in fact, the BP Union had changed its position years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruze View Post
    It wasn't odd that I didn't include all of the article. I have been doing it for years. If I post entire articles nobody reads them. I post condensed versions that contain what I consider to be the most significant and relevant information in the article. If people want perspective or to read the entire article they can click on the link. That is why I always include it. Nothing in what I didn't include in the post changes the fact that the Border Patrol was against building a 2,000 mile wall along the southern border until the Trumpster came along and made his ridiculous promise to build one and make Mexico pay for it.
    Partisan hack.