Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Default 2019 Minnesota Vikings Off-Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    There are about 6-7 OTs (at least) who could go beginning at the midpoint of the first round through the second round. If Spielman reaches for a mediocre LB when all of those are available, he should be fired on the spot.
    Your are being far to kind; if Spielman utters any players name as a first or second round pick who is NOT an o-lineman he should be immediately flogged and quartered and I donít even know what that is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sportsfan24; 02-06-2019 at 08:25 PM.

Sid: Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins 'frustrated' by first-year results

Dan Patrick had Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins on his radio show during Super Bowl weekend, and he asked Cousins if he viewed his first season in Minnesota as a success.

“The short answer is no,” Cousins said. “We didn’t make the playoffs. There were high expectations and we didn’t deliver, and so I’ve been frustrated since the season ended.”

Cousins finished 10th in the league in passing yards (4,298) and quarterback rating (99.7), but he said this offseason has been hard on him.

“I wish the 2019 season started tomorrow,” he told Patrick. “I’m ready to go and make amends for 2018. It’s been frustrating to know I have to sit here for whatever it is, seven or eight months before we get back at it.

“It has been a tough January for me. I haven’t been sleeping well, that kind of a thing, because, yeah, it just left a bad taste in my mouth the way the season finished up.”

Cousins will be the third-highest-paid quarterback in the NFL next season at $29 million, trailing only the Saints’ Drew Brees ($33.5 million) and the Lions’ Matthew Stafford at ($29.5 million).

The Vikings’ big question will be if they can build around Cousins with only $5.7 million in salary cap space and some key free agents — namely, defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson, linebacker Anthony Barr and running back Latavius Murray — yet unsigned.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-q...lts/505539802/

Skol Vikes!!

per Shooter:

It looks like Spielman and coach Mike Zimmer will enter next season on the last years of their contracts. If the Vikings don’t make the playoffs, major changes are expected.

To afford free agent help, the Vikings will have to either cut players or restructure contracts, or both. Those affected probably will be Everson Griffen, Kyle Rudolph, Mike Remmers, Latavius Murray and Andrew Sendejo.

If Murray leaves, a replacement would be necessary, because Dalvin Cook can’t be counted on to be healthy.

It looks like free agent linebacker Anthony Barr could end up with the New York Jets or Indianapolis Colts, teams with abundant salary cap room. If Barr were returning to the Vikings, a deal would already have been done at this juncture.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/02/0...-mauer-salute/

Skol Vikes!!

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    per Shooter:

It looks like Spielman and coach Mike Zimmer will enter next season on the last years of their contracts. If the Vikings donít make the playoffs, major changes are expected.

To afford free agent help, the Vikings will have to either cut players or restructure contracts, or both. Those affected probably will be Everson Griffen, Kyle Rudolph, Mike Remmers, Latavius Murray and Andrew Sendejo.

If Murray leaves, a replacement would be necessary, because Dalvin Cook canít be counted on to be healthy.

It looks like free agent linebacker Anthony Barr could end up with the New York Jets or Indianapolis Colts, teams with abundant salary cap room. If Barr were returning to the Vikings, a deal would already have been done at this juncture.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/02/0...-mauer-salute/

Skol Vikes!!
    Sendejo is garbage, addition by subtraction. Griffin is mentally unstable..bye, bye. Barr is good but not irreplaceable, bye, bye. Murry is a definite must sign if the money is right. Resign Remmers and Kyle if the money is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsfan24 View Post
    Sendejo is garbage, addition by subtraction. Griffin is mentally unstable..bye, bye. Barr is good but not irreplaceable, bye, bye. Murry is a definite must sign if the money is right. Resign Remmers and Kyle if the money is right.

I'd tell Rudolph to kick rocks. He is very overrated. I'd ship off Remmers if I knew I could sign a better guard. I would shake Murray's hand and tell him that I'd be a reference for any team. Sendejo is garbage. Barr is definitely replaceable.

Griffin is the only player of those named who I would consider keeping.