Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 251
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Shoreview
    Posts
    14,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Not sure if serious.
    Why not? He's got the leg, and now he's shown he can kick straight. No guarantees, of course, but plenty of potential.


  2. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    32,103
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Gopher View Post
    Why not? He's got the leg, and now he's shown he can kick straight. No guarantees, of course, but plenty of potential.
    See Walsh, Blair 2012.

    Do you know how many kickers are in the HOF?

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Shoreview
    Posts
    14,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    See Walsh, Blair 2012.

    Do you know how many kickers are in the HOF?
    Three. Vinatieri will make four. No reason to believe he'll be the last.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    32,103
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Gopher View Post
    Three. Vinatieri will make four. No reason to believe he'll be the last.
    Vinateri will for sure. So I'd put Carlson's current odds at between 1/500 and 1/1,000 based on history.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Shoreview
    Posts
    14,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Vinateri will for sure. So I'd put Carlson's current odds at between 1/500 and 1/1,000 based on history.
    I think those odds are low, but it sure wouldn't hurt him to find his way onto a contending team. As with any other position on the field, winning a championship is one of the most reliable predictors of hall-of-fame consideration.

  6. #81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Gopher View Post
    I think those odds are low, but it sure wouldn't hurt him to find his way onto a contending team. As with any other position on the field, winning a championship is one of the most reliable predictors of hall-of-fame consideration.
    Two of the three kickers currently in did not win a Super Bowl/NFL championship. Blanda won a few AFL titles when it was practically a minor league.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Shoreview
    Posts
    14,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Two of the three kickers currently in did not win a Super Bowl/NFL championship. Blanda won a few AFL titles when it was practically a minor league.
    Good point. The thing I wonder, though, is whether Vinatieri and his 85% make rate would be such a shoe-in if it weren't for his championship pedigree.

  8. #83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Gopher View Post
    Good point. The thing I wonder, though, is whether Vinatieri and his 85% make rate would be such a shoe-in if it weren't for his championship pedigree.
    Best clutch kicker to ever play, not even close. I've argued before that he was a LARGE factor in propelling Brady and the Pats to a few of those earlier SB's. He's an incredible talent. I'm only a tiny, TINY bit biased because we have a mutual friend and I have some signed stuff but what the guy has done in his career is phenomenal
    - Respect is the ultimate currency

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Blaine, MN
    Posts
    4,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Two of the three kickers currently in did not win a Super Bowl/NFL championship. Blanda won a few AFL titles when it was practically a minor league.
    George Blanda was also a quarterback, so that might have helped his odds.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    "The significant problems we face can not be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Shoreview
    Posts
    14,209

    Default



  11. #86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GophersInIowa View Post
    DeFilippo still deserves some blame. Again, liking to pass is one thing but completely abandoning it even when you're having success on the ground is ridiculous. It was a one score game until about 11 minutes left in the 4th, yet we passed 44 times and ran just 13 even though Cook averaged over 9 yards a carry.
    Good point.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by march madness View Post
    Here is the guard many were hoping the Vikings would take in the first instead of the backup cb, Will Hernandez getting all rookie by pro football focus. Penalized twice in 1027 snaps.

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...ll-rookie-team
    Coach got the player for the side of the ball he coaches and then holds the guy on the other side of the ball to higher standards.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by march madness View Post
    I heard somewhere the Vikings didn't think he would fit our zone blocking scheme. Sounds like we have a bunch of guys who don't fit the scheme! lol
    I agree, our scheme calls for missed blocks and penalties.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    you take talent and figure it out
    Good coaches create the scheme to fit the players they have.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    i believe today is decision day for Stephanski
    That was an emotional decision on the part of Zimmer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •