So sick of the Vikings....If the gophers could just get seriously good

Do not use the Vikings as a beacon of success. They are a below average NFL franchise with a very very fickle fan base.

I don't quite agree with you here, but your statement comes pretty close to my sentiment. I would say the Vikings are a very average NFL franchise with a fairly devoted fan base. I just don't get why Vikings fans are as devoted as they are.

In the last 20 years, the Vikings have been to 0 Super Bowls, and are 4-7 in the playoffs.

From 2010 through 2017, the Vikings had a losing record (63-64-1). They were a half-game better than Detroit in that stretch.

I'm not trying to tell anyone who to cheer for. If you love the Vikings, great. I like watching 'em, too. But if the Gophers have finally turned the corner, and the Vikings remain mediocre, I suspect a lot of those who jump on the Vikings bandwagon in good years may start shopping for maroon and gold.

JTG

I divorced the Vikings in the 90s although the separation wasn't always firm until 1998. I just couldn't suffer the emotional pain the team brought me year after year. With the Gophers I've always seen my relationship as with a sibling. They may disappoint me at times my my love doesn't waiver. I may cringe at times but they will always get my support.

Same! I tell my kids, "The trick to being a Vikings fan is to not care." It's a lot more enjoyable watching the Vikings if you have no emotional investment in them.

Hell, during the Denny Green era I liked watching 'em lose more than watching 'em win. The worse they played, the faster Denny talked.

JTG

Not only have there been no titles, there have only been 7 appearances in the semifinal round since that 91 World Series.

Vikings: 4 NFC Championship Games (98, 01, 09, 18)
Twins: 1 ALCS (02)
Wolves: 1 Western Conference Finals (04)
Wild: 1 Western Conference Finals (03, and no one expected them to get out of the Round of 16)

One great thing about team stats is you can manipulate the years involved to prove just about any point!

Top Bottom