Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by raindog View Post
    Zimmer out, Fleck in.
    Watch the local media lose their ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    mind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    keys

When are some of you ever going to get over this inferiority complex that our coaches want to leave us for greener pastures? Outside of Holtz, list the coaches that left us to get a ďbetterĒ job. I canít imagine what you guys would be like if you were fans of a MAC school or NDSU.

Hope not.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Last edited by hello-world; 12-31-2018 at 08:52 PM.

Would love to see PJ leave, but doubt there is another Power 5 school that would sellout to PJU. Thus, he probably wonít go.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post
    Two points so I can pretty much disagree with everyone:

1. For those saying Fleck couldnít go to big name programs because they wouldnít stand for all the ďrow the boatĒ BS: you think Fleck doesnít know that? If he was a target of such a school I bet he could quickly reposition his beaver tail oars from the helmets to practice shirts or a small banner in the locker room. It would be a VERY short part of the negotiation.

2. And for those of you assuming Fleck would bolt as first opportunity: after 50+ years of FB struggles, who is to say long-dormant alumni and the U admin wouldnít step up with a canít refuse package for him? And, with school age kids and two homes in the metro, and a love for lake-life, Fleck himself might want to make this his destination job. Donít let that ďaw shucks, we canít have nice thingsĒ Minnesotan inside of you rule your entire thought process.

Nobody knows. Way too many moving parts. Fleck probably has to make a much bigger splash than a Wisconsin victory and a .500 season to arrive at the center of the desired coach list, and at that point the U will have their own efforts to retain him and he will have to explore his own desire to leave. It just doesnít make a lot of sense to debate step 35 in this situation when we are on step 3 or 4.
    They would not jump with big pay to keep him. PJ didnít sell a lot of tickets at WMU and wonít here - too many donít like his BS. Also, he has not won anything yet or accomplished enough for a big payday. He didnít have unanimous support for a one-year extension and I know a couple of Regents who donít like the RTB stuff at all and would not support a big payday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy&Ray View Post
    They would not jump with big pay to keep him. PJ didnít sell a lot of tickets at WMU and wonít here - too many donít like his BS. Also, he has not won anything yet or accomplished enough for a big payday. He didnít have unanimous support for a one-year extension and I know a couple of Regents who donít like the RTB stuff at all and would not support a big payday.

Same opinion after a playoff appearance or Rose Bowl victory? You donít take the plunge on a new stadium and practice facility but then take a flyer when you are delivered the very thing you did all of this for.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post
    Same opinion after a playoff appearance or Rose Bowl victory? You donít take the plunge on a new stadium and practice facility but then take a flyer when you are delivered the very thing you did all of this for.
    He wonít get there, but if he did they would pay him. I was talking about current case. If he actually accomplished that, really no reason to leave (with the exception for a handful of schools) as you have established your program. That said, none of those schools would take on his schtick unless he agreed not to put RTB on uniforms, etc.

Blog Entries

He wonít get there, but if he did they would pay him. I was talking about current case. If he actually accomplished that, really no reason to leave (with the exception for a handful of schools) as you have established your program. That said, none of those schools would take on his schtick unless he agreed not to put RTB on uniforms, etc.

And heíll take a pay cut to go there......

If we want to fix what happened, you need to fire Coyle and Kaler as well.

Quote Originally Posted by caliGopher View Post
    And heíll take a pay cut to go there......

Thatís only for his dream job.

Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

Would love to see PJ leave, but doubt there is another Power 5 school that would sellout to PJU. Thus, he probably wonít go.

Do you want PJ to succeed at Minnesota?

Troll. Why continue this crap.