Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default PJ: Candidate for other jobs?

We just saw Richt and Applewhite leave/get canned. With many of the bowls over now, these schools that might be looking have just had the opportunity to see other coach's teams in action. I'm typing this not knowing PJ's buyout - at what point does he become a candidate for some of those jobs that will eventually come open? Is the bar low enough here where a 7-6 could get him looked at by a major P5 program?

Too early yet to worry about that

Non starter.

Wasn't referring to this year. However, if they win 7-8 games next year, do we have reason to worry?

Quote Originally Posted by akgo4 View Post
    Wasn't referring to this year. However, if they win 7-8 games next year, do we have reason to worry?
    Worried about when we should start worrying. GH at its best.

Can’t make it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope.

This is ridiculous.

He is a coach of a major P5 school! He is in the conference that makes the most money and he has a chance to make his mark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zimmer out, Fleck in.
    Watch the local media lose their ****.

Blog Entries

Worry when we are 13-0. Shouldn't then either if the U coughs up the $$$ to keep him. What better job than dominating the B1G? None. OK, Alabama might concern me some.
    Kingdom Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by raindog View Post
    Zimmer out, Fleck in.
    Watch the local media lose their ****.
    mind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

No but it would be a wonderful problem to have
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    Worry when we are 13-0. Shouldn't then either if the U coughs up the $$$ to keep him. What better job than dominating the B1G? None. OK, Alabama might concern me some.
    I have no doubt the U will pay the $$ if he wins at the next level. They redo his contract if he wins 9 or more regular season games in 2019.

I agree that I think the U of M will pay whatever PJ demands if the program rises further up the food chain.

The move by PJ to buy that nice second house on Lake Minnetonka is a good sign as well, as that is the type of place he could not have in places like Norman Oklahoma or South Bend IN, and I think he (and wife) values that and other things he gets in Minneapolis outside of football. There are not a lot of places like Lake Minnetonka and Wayzata near a lot of the premier college football destination jobs (at least if you like lakes as PJ apparently does)

Rebuilding the nearly unmatched history at Minnesota seems to appeal to him, and as long as he can win big here, along with having top facilities to recruit to, I am not sure what would motivate him to leave once he gets to program near the top, other than getting an offer to go back to the top job in Michigan or something like that.