***OFFICIAL MOUNT SAINT MARY'S AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

What a terrible display of shooting. We are horrendous.

I think Kalscheur should head to the bench in favor of IW. Kalscheur's shooting has been as bad as anyone's the past 4-5 games (maybe worse) and IW provides opportunities for easy baskets that Kalscheur does not. He started hot, but he's a freshman and should be lower in the pecking order IMO.

As for the other woeful outside shooters? I have no idea... but its about to get ugly.

I think Kalscheur should head to the bench in favor of IW. Kalscheur's shooting has been as bad as anyone's the past 4-5 games (maybe worse) and IW provides opportunities for easy baskets that Kalscheur does not. He started hot, but he's a freshman and should be lower in the pecking order IMO.

As for the other woeful outside shooters? I have no idea... but its about to get ugly.
Kalscheur starts by virtue of his solid defense. Plus, Kalscheur fills out a solid lineup with McBrayer and Coffey. IW, in a perfect world, is always a 6th man.

Completely agree. Unfortunately, Washington didn’t even play much today and seemed to maybe be back in the doghouse again. I don’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are we "horrendous"? Truly? Or are you just trolling?

We are 11-2 with one loss we didn't expect and a loss to a Top 15 team on the road. It may not have been pretty but wins are wins. I'm expecting that we will step up the intensity in Big 10 play.

I would sure like to see Michael Hurt occasionally look to shoot the ball. He often gets the ball in transition and it doesn't even look like he considers taking the ball to the basket or taking a jumper. No reason he can't contribute 6-8 pig off the bench.

Kalscheur is an incredible 6-31 in his last 6 games on 3 pointers. Somebody is going to pay for that streak. I hope it is Wisconsin. We are going to have to play a lot harder and more efficiently in the Big Ten to finish in the upper half- that's obvious.

Completely agree. Unfortunately, Washington didn’t even play much today and seemed to maybe be back in the doghouse again. I don’t get it.

Because he went back to dribbling around and look for shots again instead of playmaking. It's not that he was bad, he wasn't, but Pitino knows that he needs the 10 assist Washington to win a lot of Big Ten games, so he is messing with his playing time.

Because he went back to dribbling around and look for shots again instead of playmaking. It's not that he was bad, he wasn't, but Pitino knows that he needs the 10 assist Washington to win a lot of Big Ten games, so he is messing with his playing time.
I went to the game and I got the feeling that Washington did not trust anyone to make a basket. It's hard for Washington when he is on the floor with Hurt and Stull

I don't see Hurt getting much playing time going forward unless someone is injured. He gets left open but he is not a good shooter. He knows how to play and he is the best on the team in terms of actually moving without the ball and making cuts to the basket, however, he is just too limited. Stull on the other hand, is a guy who will start to earn more time because he CAN shoot and that is desperately needed on this team. I think Stull is going to make the 8 man rotation in conference play. Current starters + IW, Curry and Stull. Hurt, Matz and Omersa are going to be strictly situational guys going forward IMO.

I would sure like to see Michael Hurt occasionally look to shoot the ball. He often gets the ball in transition and it doesn't even look like he considers taking the ball to the basket or taking a jumper. No reason he can't contribute 6-8 pig off the bench.

Yes. There is a reason. He isn’t a good shooter or finisher. Makes it hard to score when you can’t put the ball in the basket. His drive yesterday where he went to a reverse looked like he had never attempted one before.

The game before he had a wide open layup, pivoted back towards the middle and tried a lefty finish. He is unaware and unable to do anything around the hoop

I went to the game and I got the feeling that Washington did not trust anyone to make a basket. It's hard for Washington when he is on the floor with Hurt and Stull
There was one time when IW threw a low pass to Oturo that Oturo couldn't catch. It looked like Washington was upset, but hopefully it was with himself. The pass was virtually uncatchable.
Yesterday I saw Washington stop ball movement and dribble too much. Then he tried to create on his own.
IW needs to play within the offense. He is not good enough to create offense on his own. He just can't seem to accept that reality.

Agreed. He had nowhere to go go with it. When the team plays and shoots that poorly, he needs to look for a shot just like anyone else.

Agree. Needs to play 30+ minutes per game. With Murph/Oturu/Amir/Pree/Gabe. Needs to be on the floor with teammates who can convert his passes.

Washington assisted perhaps his first and 1. Apparently the gig is Washington needs to learn to pass to people who don't score.

Washington assisted perhaps his first and 1. Apparently the gig is Washington needs to learn to pass to people who don't score.
Hurt made a wonderful back cut. He made it easy for IW.

Hurt made a wonderful back cut. He made it easy for IW.

Of course on this board, the guy who last week had the second highest single-game assist total in school history, three shy of the record held by Ariel McDonald, isnt going to get credit for setting up someone who usually fails to score. Hilarious!

Of course on this board, the guy who last week had the second highest single-game assist total in school history, three shy of the record held by Ariel McDonald, isnt going to get credit for setting up someone who usually fails to score. Hilarious!
On that specific assist anyone could have made the pass. What IW gets credit for is for drawing defenders to himself so that Hurt could make the back cut.
If IW can learn to wait for those cuts, he will be helpful.
Pitino has often said that Hurt is the best person on the team to make cuts. On that play he showed it.

On that specific assist anyone could have made the pass. What IW gets credit for is for drawing defenders to himself so that Hurt could make the back cut.
If IW can learn to wait for those cuts, he will be helpful.
Pitino has often said that Hurt is the best person on the team to make cuts. On that play he showed it.
If IW never drove or took a shot, he wouldn't be drawing defenders.
But my point remains. Even when IW gets an assist, he gets no credit from some. Thanks for making that clear.

Top Bottom