Reusse on Faalele: Keeps progressing and the Aussie’s a top-five pick in 2021 draft

When’s the last time a RT prospect went top 5 overall? Would need to be an LT to go that high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did someone tell the fat man about Dan. I know he didn’t figure it out by himself

I think this fat man read gopherhole and saw some posters say he could be a top 3-4-5 pick if he keeps progressing. Then sits on it a day and writes an article to make himself seem knowledgeable. Guy probably had no clue who DF was prior to GH talking about it.

Are we allowed to click on the link if we like what he wrote?

I think we need a 2018 Daniel Faalele highlight video.

Maybe one already exists? Going to look for one now...

Yeah now that you say that I agree with you. When was the last time someone 380+ was drafted in the top 5 of the NFL draft

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It isn’t hard to figure out what Reusse is doing here.

His paper gets a ton of crap for negative Gopher coverage and he’s getting consistently proved wrong about Fleck so he’s deflecting by putting out a puff piece for the Gophers.

Pat has no NFL draft insight and nobody has any ability to project draft stock for 2021 right now.

There are a TON of players where you could say if they continue to progress they could be top 5 picks in 2021.

He's just setting the bar high now so he can rip PJ if he doesn't get drafted that high.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It doesn't seem like he is all that far out size wise. Bryant McKinnie played at like 6'8" and 355. He was a number seven pick. Faalele is an inch taller.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That Georgia Tech guy is 6'3", 270.

Faalele is a beast. He will play in the NFL. Reusse will never be happy with the gophers even if they dominated a CFP game like Bama did last night he would point out the negatives.

That being said it was nice to see him giving someone some credit so maybe there could still be some good in him.

Or, how about this:

Reusse watched the Gophers play, and he thought Faalele was a good-looking prospect, and he said so. No ulterior motive, no evil plot. Just a writer making an observation.

Or, how about this:

Reusse watched the Gophers play, and he thought Faalele was a good-looking prospect, and he said so. No ulterior motive, no evil plot. Just a writer making an observation.

I tend to agree with this take. Even Pat can state the obvious. Don't begin to think for a minute that Pat has one ounce of guilt.

Or, how about this:

Precisely. Reusse is a die hard Gopher fan. Grew up a Gopher fan, and still is a Gopher fan. Nothing he'd like more than to see them go to the Rose Bowl. His sin is pointing out the futility of the Gophers over the decades. When us rubes are drowning, we don't take kindly to Reusse describing the water to us. That and let's face it, Reusse enjoys revving up the homers.

Precisely. Reusse is a die hard Gopher fan. Grew up a Gopher fan, and still is a Gopher fan. Nothing he'd like more than to see them go to the Rose Bowl. His sin is pointing out the futility of the Gophers over the decades. When us rubes are drowning, we don't take kindly to Reusse describing the water to us. That and let's face it, Reusse enjoys revving up the homers.

Don't Minnesotans know that we've sucked?

I have known this for years.

Do I really need to be told this over and over and over? Are we as fans too stupid to already know this?

I just get bored with it. It's not exactly rocket science reporting.

Don't Minnesotans know that we've sucked?

I have known this for years.

Do I really need to be told this over and over and over? Are we as fans too stupid to already know this?

I just get bored with it. It's not exactly rocket science reporting.

If only there was some way, any way, you could avoid reading what Reusse writes. If only.....

If only there was some way, any way, you could avoid reading what Reusse writes. If only.....

Why wouldn't I read it? I even read what you write!

Last edited:

Pat used to write stories like this one. This was a very low hanging fruit story for Reusse.

If memory serves me correct one of Patrick's best joint Gophers-Vikings lovefest was in October 2003 when both teams were looking very good.

This was a column in the run-up to the ill-fated, goes down in infamy game against Michigan that awful Friday night.

His basic premise was that Minnesota is a football state at heart...and when the pro and college teams delivered...Minnesotans responded in kind.

Lots of fan heartbreaks since then but that cemented for me that he could write great "almost homer" articles for both teams when merited. It's just that the performance on the field has offered little consistent opportunity to do so.

So, I take this "article" for what it is...a simple factual statement. Big Dan is something special. It is my hope we see him for 4 seasons in Maroon and Gold but probably not likely.

The odds are better since he didn't redshirt. Only 3 more to go.

Last edited:

I expect Faalele to have a long and prosperous NFL career. That being said, he's a long way from being NFL-ready. I would characterize his 2018 play as "slightly above average," and I think anyone who focused on him every single play would agree.

His size and athleticism provide him with a tremendous upside, but he has a long way to go on technique. At this point, I think the odds are good we have him for at least two more years, and possibly all three.

JTG

There's no way Reusse wrote this. The opening line is, "These were the top five happenings that I had a chance to consume in 2018."

Brats, pizza, steak, hamburger, and pork chops are never mentioned.

I expect Faalele to have a long and prosperous NFL career. That being said, he's a long way from being NFL-ready. I would characterize his 2018 play as "slightly above average," and I think anyone who focused on him every single play would agree.

His size and athleticism provide him with a tremendous upside, but he has a long way to go on technique. At this point, I think the odds are good we have him for at least two more years, and possibly all three.

JTG

Considering this is only his 3rd year of football and second actually playing and not just practicing, and his size, speed and strength, I would say he is doing incredibly well and anyone who watched him play would agree.

Top Bottom