The Clemson Head coach!

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
He would sprint down the sideline to yell at refs or call timeouts.

And of top of that, he was talking about their culture in the post game.

I just assumed this was bad stuff. Now I'm confused.

And of top of that, he was talking about their culture in the post game.

He didn’t use the elite word, and he said “coaches and players come and go, the team and culture is what matters.” Dabo is the best, and one of the most modest guys in college FB. Not much of a comparison IMO.

He didn’t use the elite word, and he said “coaches and players come and go, the team and culture is what matters.” Dabo is the best, and one of the most modest guys in college FB. Not much of a comparison IMO.

What the heck would you fine immodest about Coach Fleck? Watch a press conference or two.

Oh, so elite is the key word.

Got it!

I agree. Who cares that he beat Wisconsin in Madison for the first time in a generation, curb stomped a power 5 school in a bowl game, has his players going to class, staying out of trouble and believing in the program, and is now winning recruiting battles with some of the big dogs in the SEC. I want a coach who is modest and uses different words, and I am going to bitch and complain incessantly until I get one, damn it!

Sad that someone would be offended by the word Elite.

Not offended by anything. Listen to Dabo, then listen to Fleck, big difference in character and modesty. If you disagree, fine with me.

Not offended by anything. Listen to Dabo, then listen to Fleck, big difference in character and modesty. If you disagree, fine with me.

You can tell character with how someone talks? Oh ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure you heard the question about the qb making great reads at halftime...........coach said something along the lines of you need to make the correct play call for that to happen.

I was thinking modest all the way on that one.

Now I'm really intrigued. I think you're just making stuff up to hear yourself type, but inquiring minds want to know: Don't use general terms, tell us specifically what character traits you find lacking in Fleck and overflowing in Dabo, and tell us what utterances of Fleck you have found immodest.

Anything?

If you can’t see that PJ Fleck is a great guy that’s on you. Fleck is just like Dabo, but expresses the same things differently. I always find that people who need to criticize people like PJ Fleck have issues with themselves.

Now I'm really intrigued. I think you're just making stuff up to hear yourself type, but inquiring minds want to know: Don't use general terms, tell us specifically what character traits you find lacking in Fleck and overflowing in Dabo, and tell us what utterances of Fleck you have found immodest.

Anything?

He won't be back

Anything?

Dabo is a servant leader, modest, doesn’t want the spotlight. He is about integrity way ahead of football. After listing to Dabo speak, you wAnt to goto church, then go visit your grandmother. He’s about Clemson 1st and taking credit last. Obviously none of you have heard an extended interview or press Conf.

Fleck is Fleck is Fleck first. Comes across very clearly. Nothing wrong with that, most coaches are. He is far different from Dabo. But you obviously wouldn’t know that.

They are both servant leaders and both about team first and both humble. Dabo just has a southern accent.

Dabo is a servant leader, modest, doesn’t want the spotlight. He is about integrity way ahead of football. After listing to Dabo speak, you wAnt to goto church, then go visit your grandmother. He’s about Clemson 1st and taking credit last. Obviously none of you have heard an extended interview or press Conf.

Fleck is Fleck is Fleck first. Comes across very clearly. Nothing wrong with that, most coaches are. He is far different from Dabo. But you obviously wouldn’t know that.

I can’t speak all that much to Dabo, but your assessment of Fleck is about as far off as one can get in reading a person.

They are both servant leaders and both about team first and both humble. Dabo just has a southern accent.

That’s ok if you can’t see the huge difference when you here them speak. The difference is stark from most coaches, but then you’ve likely never heard Dabo speak. A very unique guy.

Same message, different verve in the delivery. Give yourself a break and live with it.

Same message, different verve in the delivery. Give yourself a break and live with it.

Can’t live with it?. . . Ha, ha, ha. I’m fine with both of them, just pointing out that they are very different.

That’s ok if you can’t see the huge difference when you here them speak. The difference is stark from most coaches, but then you’ve likely never heard Dabo speak. A very unique guy.

Yeh, it's the southern accent.
He also speaks slower.
(It's the southern accent).

Herd,

You should go find yourself a girl from the south. She'd knock your socks off.
Stark difference between those southern girls and the northern girls.

I’m not sure one person, ever, has complained about their coach sprinting down the sidelines to yell at a ref or call a timeout. You are trying so hard tho, so carry on.

Can’t live with it?. . . Ha, ha, ha. I’m fine with both of them, just pointing out that they are very different.

I'm not one to go back and look through a persons history of posts... but I've a feeling you are not fine with Coach Fleck. But what I meant, is that you should give it a rest and live with his delivery, he's not going to change to be more like Dabo Sweeney.

Last edited:

I’m not sure one person, ever, has complained about their coach sprinting down the sidelines to yell at a ref or call a timeout. You are trying so hard tho, so carry on.

I've got some non-gopher friends who can't stand that he sprints. I was talking about non-fleck people.

I do try hard also. I'm trying real hard to remember who the hell you are.

I've got some non-gopher friends who can't stand that he sprints.

I do try hard also. I'm trying real hard to remember who the hell you are.

Many people have issues, or at least find it silly, that he sprints from one end of the field between quarters to hold his team meeting. I do. But who would complain that their coach sprints to call a timeout or yell at a ref? You may have got your wires crossed here.

Forgive my unfamiliarity with the term. What is a servant leader?

Someone that elevates others above self, puts others welfare ahead of their own, serves in humility, teaches other to serve and give without looking for anything in return.

Someone that elevates others above self, puts others welfare ahead of their own, serves in humility, teaches other to serve and give without looking for anything in return.

Altruistic. Ok, thanks.

Servant leader:

Servant Leaders should have these 10 traits: empathy, listening, healing, awareness, persuasion, conceptualization, foresight, stewardship, commitment to the growth of people, and building community

Often associated with teaching more than managing people.
Fleck is pretty much a pure picture of it.

Top Bottom