Sid: Expect U to announce some cheaper ticket packages to fill up TCF Bank Stadium

Ole d!ckman going off at all posters who don't bend over and take it in the @$$ by over paying for seats.
At first I thought he was just being a pr!ck to me, but now I see he's just an overall pr!ck to everyone who doesn't purchase over priced tickets.
When he picked on SON and said SON wasn't a fan... I knew the problem had to be d!ckman, not other posters.

Thank you very much. I love it :). <b>If you think I care what any of you think about me you are all sadly mistaken. </b>Have a nice night.

I think you care. In fact, I know you do. Your denial only enforces it. The profile tells me so. You are sad and so very predictable. I know you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven’t gone back and read this thread, but my 2 cents is that it is important to take care of the season ticket holders. It is insulting to take advantage of loyal fans by overcharging them and then give away tickets to fill it up. Just set a more reasonable base price and hold it. Give season ticket holders and students a break with incentives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ole d!ckman going off at all posters who don't bend over and take it in the @$$ by over paying for seats.
At first I thought he was just being a pr!ck to me, but now I see he's just an overall pr!ck to everyone who doesn't purchase over priced tickets.
When he picked on SON and said SON wasn't a fan... I knew the problem had to be d!ckman, not other posters.

Ol' Rickman55 is a big Mason hater who would not take his medicine and went underground for a long time after Brewster bit the dust.

The Norwood Teaugew money grab after the Citrus Bowl as predicted to be a failure and it was -

The previous post about pricing is correct; go back to 2009 pricing, admit failure and move on.

When PFJ wins big, the prices will double , and we will all be fine with that.

A little Talking Heads to lighten the mood:

Better yet a little Morris Day to calm down the hostility in a new year:

To a new year and and I offer an apology to all I have been hostile to on Gopherhole in the last year!!
Okay, this is better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCSzL5-SPHM

Last edited:

I'll take it another step: take most home games off T.V.

That is the number one reason why Minnesotans stay home. The Post-Dome Pussification factor. You could charge $10 for Wisconsin tickets and not get a full house in November weather.

I grew up in Chicago when the Blackhawks owner kept home games off tv for fear of his season ticket holders would be upset and people wouldn’t go to the games. Away games were only on subscription tv. They lost at least one generation of fans during the 80’s & 90’s and when old man Wirtz passed away in early 00’s, his son immediately had WGN on the line and they put home games on free tv. Couple that with a couple of great draft picks in Kane & Toews and the rest is history. I went to a home game around 1998 and I bet there weren’t 7,000 people in the stands, it was brutal. They were irrelevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, you are not a real fan if choose not to buy season tickets when you can afford them and complain about the price.

This may be the most absurd comment on in the history of this board.

You must have attended the same business school that Coyle did, where they preach "it is the job of the customer to do a better job of purchasing the seller's product, not the seller's job to understand the customer's wants and needs and provide a value proposition that makes them want to purchase your product."

No, you are not a real fan if choose not to buy season tickets when you can afford them and complain about the price.

This one has a chance to move to the all time absurd GH post list. And, since it’s author has stated he doesn’t care what others think, we may have more of the same to look forward to.

This is a serious question that I apologize if it’s obvious. Who sets the season ticket prices? Is it the AD directly, an advisory committee, or some random person who just crunches numbers? And does the fan advisory board get to have any input? I’m curious because I’d love to find a way to be involved as it’s wonderful we all come up with these ideas (and the resulting pissing matches are great late night fodder), but are there any actual mechanisms to change something in place anywhere? Thanks

When I had season tickets I went to all the games - even those I wasn’t excited about. Now that I buy tickets a la carte I don’t even consider going to games I’m not excited about. No matter the cost. So yes, the increase in season ticket prices is absolutely the reason I attend fewer games. I’m not alone. There are a number of people that will always use tickets they paid for - that is why selling lots of ST is important to the U.

I understand your position completely and you are not one of the people my comment was about. It is very understandable that the low interest games (mostly nonconference) would have a drop in attendance with the decrease of season tickets, but many former season ticket holders are staying away from all games. If more of the former ticket holders had your approach of selective attendance, at a fraction of the cost, the average attendance wouldn't be 15K. It's almost as if there is an all or nothing attitude for purchasing tickets for some.

There is a much bigger buzz surrounding the program right now as not one but two unexpected wins to end the season has captured the attention of a large group of people. It wasn't just winning the games, it was the way they were won and WHO they were won with (lots of freshmen). So, as the "Gopher guy" in my circle of friends, I am getting a lot more questions and getting into a lot more conversations with people wanting to talk Gopher football than I have in past December/January get-togethers.

Which makes me wonder, regardless of ticket "deals" or the absense of deals - how will it effect attendance for the upcoming season? Will there be an obvious uptick in attendance right from the very first game or will it be more "wait and see"? Sadly, the situation got to the point where nobody expects any kind of difficulty to get tickets, so it is easier to wait until last minute for the best deal. The more people feel like they can wait, the more other things can crop up and result in more unsold tickets overall.

I understand your position completely and you are not one of the people my comment was about. It is very understandable that the low interest games (mostly nonconference) would have a drop in attendance with the decrease of season tickets, but many former season ticket holders are staying away from all games. If more of the former ticket holders had your approach of selective attendance, at a fraction of the cost, the average attendance wouldn't be 15K. It's almost as if there is an all or nothing attitude for purchasing tickets for some.

Hard to tell with the way this season worked out. The only really high interest home game was Iowa and that was early and it was decently attended. Indiana, Purdue, Northwestern don't move the needle for most casual fans, that combined with some of the worst weather for those three games combined doesn't get people scrambling to attend in what looked like a throw away season.

Because attendance is so bad there is zero pressure to buy tickets far in advance of any of these games, when you wait until the last minute and then hear it's going to be raining and cold for the game, it's easy to take a pass.

Yep, 100% right on. And aren't we the craft beer capital of the US? How about local breweries sell their beer at games $5-6? Stop selling the BudLight garbage for $10 and having profits to to big corporate, Aramark.

Neither BudLight nor any Anheuser-Busch products are sold at TCF Bank stadium, so problem is already solved for you.

I made this comment in another thread, but it fits here: when TCF was built, some people said it was too small for a B1G football stadium. In the long run, it may turn out that it was too big.

Part of the issue is the perception that tickets are readily available and cheap - which equals low value. Ideally, you want a perception that tickets are hard to find, and the longer you wait, the more they'll cost - like scalping tickets for a hot Broadway show or concert.

I suppose it's possible that someday, Gopher Football will become so popular that there will be a waiting list for season tickets, and people will pay more than face value to scalp tickets for big games. But, as of right now, there is no sense of urgency to get FB tickets, because there are lots of tickets available at a lower price.

I actually think the stadium is the perfect capacity for a team that has produces sustained, elevated success. Just win.

Hard to tell with the way this season worked out. The only really high interest home game was Iowa and that was early and it was decently attended. Indiana, Purdue, Northwestern don't move the needle for most casual fans, that combined with some of the worst weather for those three games combined doesn't get people scrambling to attend in what looked like a throw away season.

Because attendance is so bad there is zero pressure to buy tickets far in advance of any of these games, when you wait until the last minute and then hear it's going to be raining and cold for the game, it's easy to take a pass.

I guess this answers my question, I never considered former season ticket holders as "casual fans".

Top Bottom