Sid: Expect U to announce some cheaper ticket packages to fill up TCF Bank Stadium

Really, give me a break. The guy lies all the time, yet espouses the "Farmer's Alliance" or whatever BS he calls it. Also, he announces suspensions for one player and not another.

And, you're right, the Gophs have people running through the gates at games. We can afford to turn away fans. That is the dumbest thing people say, "We don't need you." Yes, we need all the fans we can get. In fact, the ticket office doesn't stop emailing and calling trying to get myself, and other members of our group who gave up tickets, back. That's alright, you can blindly follow PJ - there just aren't a lot beyond GopherHole following with you.

Silly reason for non renew. Consider this case closed.

No sillier than bitching and moaning nonstop because people are tightwads and want the U to practically give away tickets for next to nothing.

I had many of your same concerns early in the Fleck era as well, in the end, who cares? Just what the hell was our brand anyway? Most Gopher fans would have sold their soul for a great Gopher team, so dealing with a row in the water is not that big of deal. I think we will be formidable for many years to come.

Swallow your pride and enjoy the ride. Life is way too short to be upset about Flecks goofy mannerisms.

What ride? He's a game below .500. 2019 will be critical for many reasons.

What ride? He's a game below .500. 2019 will be critical for many reasons.

You are missing the point. Ill explain:

The phrase "Enjoy the ride" means good things are ahead. If you are driving to Disney World but rather than being miserable in the car enjoy the scenery etc.

In this case PJ is a game below. 500 with a young team and solid recruiting classes. Rather than thinking we should hire a fifth head coach this decade "enjoy the ride".

We are still driving to Disney world. Including the bowl game, 8 wins is a reasonable expectation for 2019.

Really, give me a break. The guy lies all the time, yet espouses the "Farmer's Alliance" or whatever BS he calls it. Also, he announces suspensions for one player and not another.

And, you're right, the Gophs have people running through the gates at games. We can afford to turn away fans. That is the dumbest thing people say, "We don't need you." Yes, we need all the fans we can get. In fact, the ticket office doesn't stop emailing and calling trying to get myself, and other members of our group who gave up tickets, back. That's alright, you can blindly follow PJ - there just aren't a lot beyond GopherHole following with you.

You never fail to disappoint! You are a treat.

To summarize your brilliant rationale for declaring that Fleck has no integrity:

1. The vague "He lies all the time" explanation.
2. The "He didn't announce the bowl game suspension" explanation, which no coach is ever under any obligation to do. Have you and Gophers_4Life been going out to dinner together?

Of course the U ticket office could use your money. Maybe consider a donation to help the athletic department you profess to love. But I was speaking of the fans who are at the game not being heartbroken over you not being there. Negative energy is a real thing, and it's almost always a good move for negative people - a client, a patient, a coworker, a fan - to be excised from an environment in order to make the situation better.

Ozzy&Ray loves to come on here, drop a bunch of trash criticizing everything, acting as if anyone cares whether or not he attends games. I haven’t spent a single second worried about it. Hopefully he has some other hobbies because he doesn’t like gopher sports. He likes to tell us how he had season tickets forever and now he doesn’t because of Fleck. I suspect none of his claims are true.

Ozzy&Ray loves to come on here, drop a bunch of trash criticizing everything, acting as if anyone cares whether or not he attends games. I haven’t spent a single second worried about it. Hopefully he has some other hobbies because he doesn’t like gopher sports. He likes to tell us how he had season tickets forever and now he doesn’t because of Fleck. I suspect none of his claims are true.

You made a post letting everybody know that you weren't going to renew your basketball tickets. You sure seemed to think that people care whether or not you attend the games.

Is it so hard to believe that someone would stop buying tix because they dislike the coach enough? “No one could dislike our precious coach that much - he must never have had tickets. Troll”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UMN sells me season tickets at $30 per ticket for all home games and I buy two so I can bring my wife, one of my kids or a friend.
For me, that's my highest price point. If UMN can't provide that package, I won't buy. It's simply an issue of cost benefit wrapped around my budget. It's not an emotional decision for me. I like watching the Gophers play, but I can watch on TV if the ticket office can't/won't accommodate.

UMN sells me season tickets at $30 per ticket for all home games and I buy two so I can bring my wife, one of my kids or a friend.
For me, that's my highest price point. If UMN can't provide that package, I won't buy. It's simply an issue of cost benefit wrapped around my budget. It's not an emotional decision for me. I like watching the Gophers play, but I can watch on TV if the ticket office can't/won't accommodate.

Blah, Blah, Blah, we’ve heard it all before. Go away.

Still pissed because you pay out your pooper and think all Gopher fans should do the same. You are the reason other fans stay away. They can't stand being around your sorry @$$.

Still pissed because you pay out your pooper and think all Gopher fans should do the same. You are the reason other fans stay away. They can't stand being around your sorry @$$.

Nope. My biggest problem is I think he lacks integrity, and I can’t support that. Also, I don’t think he will win big here. He won’t out-recruit the Big Ten (12th in conference this year for average ranking), and he’s not going to out-coach enough people to win significantly.

May I suggest just watching the game while in the stadium? You don't have to watch what Fleck is up to on the sideline. I know you have dug in your heels but honestly, your reasoning is getting zero support by some pretty fair minded people on GH.

Yes, from time as a student until this year. Over twenty years. Been watching the Gophs for many years, including at Memorial Stadium with my dad as a little kid. Remember watching the first Barber running against the Ilini.

How many worlds do you live in anyway? You're one unhappy, angry prick. I'm surprised you haven't been banned.

How many worlds do you live in anyway? You're one unhappy, angry prick. <b>I'm surprised you haven't been banned.</b>

Honestly - why should Ozzy be banned?

Honestly - why should Ozzy be banned?

Really? LOL. I'm shocked that you of all people can't see this. Do you think Ozzy is positive to the Gopher Hole Community? I certainty don't and neither does many others. I'm leaving this thread as Ozzy has hijacked a pretty good thread to make what he wants. Not worth reading or wasting my time to read any more of his comments here.

Really? LOL. I'm shocked that you of all people can't see this. Do you think Ozzy is positive to the Gopher Hole Community? I certainty don't and neither does many others. I'm leaving this thread as Ozzy has hijacked a pretty good thread to make what he wants. Not worth reading or wasting my time to read any more of his comments here.

Ozzy has an unpopular opinion that few agree with. Hardly a reason to ban someone.

Nope. My biggest problem is I think he lacks integrity, and I can’t support that. Also, I don’t think he will win big here. He won’t out-recruit the Big Ten (12th in conference this year for average ranking), and he’s not going to out-coach enough people to win significantly.

PJ has more integrity than you ever will. How bout that?

Actually, according to 247/Sports, the Gophers rank 8th in the BIG10 in recruiting. He also outcoached Brohm, Cryst, and Johnson in 3 of the last 4 games. Winning the Axe at Camp Randall certainly qualifies as a BIG win to me although that is up to personal interpretation. In my books, he has done nothing to indicate that he "lacks integrity", just the opposite, and I don't see anything in your post to back up your accusation. I think he is holding the players accountable, building character, building a team culture. I also think it will start to pay big dividends over the next 2 years. Glen Mason seems to agree as well when he stated last week that the Gophers will be legitimate contenders for the BIG10 West championship next year as well as having the best stable of running backs in the BIG10, bar none. I tend to think Glen is spot on in this regard.

4 of us come from Rochester. Have had season tickets for 13 years and will probably drop them next year, unless we can find a group to split them with us. We will just come up to 2-3 games and buy them off the street if we have no takers. We bought them when we were in our late 40's and am now in our late 50's to 60's. Love the Gophers, but just want to cut back on games.

That's pretty much what I do. I have never had season tickets but some years I have gone to every home game; and some years, as few as one game. I have never had a problem finding a ticket. StubHub, et al. have made it more convenient, and scalpers offer a good choice as well. It's nice to be able to see the game from different locations too.
If the Gophers get real hot the next few years and tickets become harder to get...and costlier, I will probably pay the price for only a couple games. For some weird reason I felt the need to go to as many games as I could just to show my support for the team. If others step in and fill the stands I will be fine with that. And honestly, I find that watching the games at home on TV is just as enjoyable.
A side note regarding your avatar. Each time I saw it, I struggled to remember where I had seen that alien before. Then I watched an old rerun of The Twilight Zone last night, and there he was! A Kanamit played by none other than Richard Kiel, "Jaws" of 007 fame. "It's a cookbook!"

That's pretty much what I do. I have never had season tickets but some years I have gone to every home game; and some years, as few as one game. I have never had a problem finding a ticket. StubHub, et al. have made it more convenient, and scalpers offer a good choice as well. It's nice to be able to see the game from different locations too.
If the Gophers get real hot the next few years and tickets become harder to get...and costlier, I will probably pay the price for only a couple games. For some weird reason I felt the need to go to as many games as I could just to show my support for the team. If others step in and fill the stands I will be fine with that. And honestly, I find that watching the games at home on TV is just as enjoyable.
A side note regarding your avatar. Each time I saw it, I struggled to remember where I had seen that alien before. Then I watched an old rerun of The Twilight Zone last night, and there he was! A Kanamit played by none other than Richard Kiel, "Jaws" of 007 fame. "It's a cookbook!"

You were watching the Twilight Zone marathon on SyFy channel!

Actually, according to 247/Sports, the Gophers rank 8th in the BIG10 in recruiting. He also outcoached Brohm, Cryst, and Johnson in 3 of the last 4 games. Winning the Axe at Camp Randall certainly qualifies as a BIG win to me although that is up to personal interpretation. In my books, he has done nothing to indicate that he "lacks integrity", just the opposite, and I don't see anything in your post to back up your accusation. I think he is holding the players accountable, building character, building a team culture. I also think it will start to pay big dividends over the next 2 years. Glen Mason seems to agree as well when he stated last week that the Gophers will be legitimate contenders for the BIG10 West championship next year as well as having the best stable of running backs in the BIG10, bar none. I tend to think Glen is spot on in this regard.

Ozzy said average ranking, not points. By that measure, they are 12th.

They're already taking season ticket renewals... are people expecting refunds or something?

They're already taking season ticket renewals... are people expecting refunds or something?
How many have renewed by now? I'd guess not many.
It will be interesting to see what the ending numbers will be without any change in pricing. Will the Wisconsin game and bowl game provide traction? It could spark interest, but people may have sticker shock. Pizza tickets should be in high demand this year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom