Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    Not that S2 needs me to defend him but I have seen him call beeg out for this more than once.
    Actually, I do. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stocker08 View Post
    Yeah....if you actually think about it....everything Obama did was actually really really smart. That's why he passed the nation over to Trump in such great shape.
    Turning over control of governorships and both houses of congress and the balance of SCOTUS was genius +1.

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    I'm so bored with "getting" trump. It's just an obsession with the left. We get it. He's inconsistent. Everyone knows this now.
    What about the people who invent reasons to hate people who criticize Trump only to later have Trump praise those same people requiring a reassessment? Graham, McConnell, etc. The list goes on. Trumpism is a cult. The only ideology is that Trump is always perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
    What about the people who invent reasons to hate people who criticize Trump only to later have Trump praise those same people requiring a reassessment? Graham, McConnell, etc. The list goes on. Trumpism is a cult. The only ideology is that Trump is always perfect.
    I've never said they can't be criticized for flip flopping on those guys. Of course they can. I despise Graham, but I did appreciate what he did for Kavanaugh. He's a standard politician. Mitch is fairly effective for what I want, but he's basically Harry Reid for the GOP. You should hate him if you oppose a conservative agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    I've never said they can't be criticized for flip flopping on those guys. Of course they can. I despise Graham, but I did appreciate what he did for Kavanaugh. He's a standard politician. Mitch is fairly effective for what I want, but he's basically Harry Reid for the GOP. You should hate him if you oppose a conservative agenda.
    It's not about my feelings on McConnell. It's about the fact that Trumpkins hated him when Trump criticized him, but like him now.

I wouldn't begrudge McConnell pushing a Conservative agenda. What annoys me is the he doesn't do that. He just says, we'll only do whatever Trump says. He is explicit that the Senate's agenda is set by Trump. That is the literal opposite of Constitutional Conservatism.

It's not about my feelings on McConnell. It's about the fact that Trumpkins hated him when Trump criticized him, but like him now.

I wouldn't begrudge McConnell pushing a Conservative agenda. What annoys me is the he doesn't do that. He just says, we'll only do whatever Trump says. He is explicit that the Senate's agenda is set by Trump. That is the literal opposite of Constitutional Conservatism.
    yes, I know what you're saying.

I don't know that I agree with that assessment of McConnell. Is the president setting the legislative agenda somehow unique? What did Harry Reid push that Obama wasn't behind? Who pushed Obamacare? And there's nothing wrong with a president and his party in the senate working together to set the agenda. Why would that be unconstitutional? There are certain big ticket items that require the presidents support. There's a lot of other stuff that gets done that Trump is probably not aware of.

Blog Entries

This. Ryan was "Mr. Conservative" and bowed like pathetic wimp to Trump. McConnell is worse. If Don doesn't want it, we won't even have a vote on it. Defacto dictatorship with OK with Moscow Mitch.

Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Joseph Stalin did the same thing. Just saying...
    Calling people Hitler is so 2000 and late. Thanks for trying to keep it fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry View Post
    Calling people Hitler is so 2000 and late. Thanks for trying to keep it fresh.
    What? Stalin brought his rivals as close to his side as possible before having them killed.
    My guess is Sasse cringes when Trump attempts to cozy up.
    Sasse seems like a person who makes decisions based upon his own moral integrity and what he believes is in the pragmatic best interest of his constituents, not what is going to win him brownie points with the POTUS.

What? Stalin brought his rivals as close to his side as possible before having them killed.
    My guess is Sasse cringes when Trump attempts to cozy up.
    Sasse seems like a person who makes decisions based upon his own moral integrity and what he believes is in the pragmatic best interest of his constituents, not what is going to win him brownie points with the POTUS.
    My guess is that goes for everyone.
    Aloha Mr. Hand

Quote Originally Posted by tikited View Post
    My guess is that goes for everyone.
    I couldn't tell you. I'm only referring to bga1's comment about Trump and Trump's comments about Sasse.

For a seemingly intelligent person, it's difficult to take someone remotely seriously that would openly say support for the President of the United States is a "cult". You can usually do better than that
    - Respect is the ultimate currency

I couldn't tell you. I'm only referring to bga1's comment about Trump and Trump's comments about Sasse.
    I was kidding...kind of.
    Aloha Mr. Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Ogee Oglethorpe View Post
    For a seemingly intelligent person, it's difficult to take someone remotely seriously that would openly say support for the President of the United States is a "cult". You can usually do better than that
    What else can you call pure, blind reverence to a leader? Your buddies on this site see a deft and calculated political maneuver every time our sundowning President misspeaks. That’s cultist behavior. Look at how CRG and bga1 spin everything he does into a positive. It’s pure delusion. As Jake pointed out, it’s the other side of the TDS coin.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
    What else can you call pure, blind reverence to a leader? Your buddies on this site see a deft and calculated political maneuver every time our sundowning President misspeaks. That’s cultist behavior. Look at how CRG and bga1 spin everything he does into a positive. It’s pure delusion.
    Not every Trump supporter is this way, but a lot of them sure are.