Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 78
  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LesBolstad View Post
    Ha, just like that doosh who now goes by "God".

    Close circuit to those that get banned and then get a new moniker: you are total tools.
    Good post. When you aren't winning the debate start attacking the other debaters. This, of course, is a tactic your guy Trump uses everyday in every possible way. It seems he is now one of your role models. I assume your children are learning how to be like Trump, as well. Won't you be proud of them when they are all grown up.
    Last edited by Cruze; 01-01-2019 at 09:45 AM.


  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    31,433
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    No one is more vulnerable and inviting to attack than you are Mr Cruze. Idiots are like that. Not saying you don't have some competition.
    Kingdom Warriors

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    No one on this forum is more concerned about corporate lobbying and influence in our government than I am. No one. That said, I don't hate corporations and I don't hope they fail. I hope they succeed wildly, so long as they take the US along with them.

    None of the posts intended to prove me wrong, proved me wrong. I don't want them running our country via lobbying and cronyism, but not every move that helps corporations is corrupt. In order to reverse 30+ years of globalism and weakening America, we have to make it feasible for the corporations to shift their business back to the US. It's give and take. It's the 'Art of the deal'.

    You have to be mature enough to separate cronyism, from creating a level playing field. You have to be mature enough, to understand the POTUS's job is to create an environment where corporations can soar, but not at the expense of our country or our workers. Both sides have to win. As I've explained ad nauseum, if Mexico has a net corporate tax rate of about 35%, with no regulations and the USA has a net corporate tax rate of 50%, with burdensome regulations, where are corporations going to invest, bank and do business? Use your heads. Trump HAD to do these things to create a level playing field.

    As for appointing people with corporate ties in his admin, there's way too many for my liking. Certainly no more than Obama (the most corporate crony POTUS in history), or Bush though. The reality is that every POTUS is forced to dip into the corporate pool for talent, because that's where the talent is. It's certainly not in government. What you have to be careful of, is those people working for their corporations, rather than the country.
    A phishy post. CRG couldn’t have written it.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    No one on this forum is more concerned about corporate lobbying and influence in our government than I am. No one. That said, I don't hate corporations and I don't hope they fail. I hope they succeed wildly, so long as they take the US along with them.

    None of the posts intended to prove me wrong, proved me wrong. I don't want them running our country via lobbying and cronyism, but not every move that helps corporations is corrupt. In order to reverse 30+ years of globalism and weakening America, we have to make it feasible for the corporations to shift their business back to the US. It's give and take. It's the 'Art of the deal'.

    You have to be mature enough to separate cronyism, from creating a level playing field. You have to be mature enough, to understand the POTUS's job is to create an environment where corporations can soar, but not at the expense of our country or our workers. Both sides have to win. As I've explained ad nauseum, if Mexico has a net corporate tax rate of about 35%, with no regulations and the USA has a net corporate tax rate of 50%, with burdensome regulations, where are corporations going to invest, bank and do business? Use your heads. Trump HAD to do these things to create a level playing field.

    As for appointing people with corporate ties in his admin, there's way too many for my liking. Certainly no more than Obama (the most corporate crony POTUS in history), or Bush though. The reality is that every POTUS is forced to dip into the corporate pool for talent, because that's where the talent is. It's certainly not in government. What you have to be careful of, is those people working for their corporations, rather than the country.
    Your arguments would be far stronger if you ever based them on facts.

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    I think Sasse is another milquetoast, run-of-the mill Republican, along the lines of a McCabe or Romney. A paper-tiger conservative, funded by a slew of powerful corporate interests.

    With that in mind, his opposition to tariffs & the USMCA, raise my eyebrow. He comes off like a mouthpiece for the Chamber of Commerce, when he speaks. The CoC is just a massive clearinghouse for corporate and foreign lobbying money. What is their agenda? Profits first, or America first? What is Sasse's?

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    Sasse has been an #neverTrump from day 1. He likely will go the way of Flake and Corker. He has made himself insignificant with everyone except the other #neverTrumpers.

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
    This is what Trump does. He goes carrot and stick on these guys, whether it be a foreign leader or a media guy or a politician. One day he'll tell them how wonderful they are and the next he'll kick them in the fanny. If you pay less attention to the games he plays to work them and more attention to what he does- you would have a better understanding of him. You are so interest in seeing if you can really, really catch him in an inconsistency that you miss the whole point.

  8. #38

    Default

    I'm so bored with "getting" trump. It's just an obsession with the left. We get it. He's inconsistent. Everyone knows this now.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    12,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Are any of you familiar with Nebraska Senator Ben Sasse? A friend recommended his book entitled "Them."


    Seems Sasse is a Republican who decrys President Trump and thinks Trump is bad for society.
    What are your thoughts?
    He is correct if that is what he believes.
    Aloha Mr. Hand

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    This is what Trump does. He goes carrot and stick on these guys, whether it be a foreign leader or a media guy or a politician. One day he'll tell them how wonderful they are and the next he'll kick them in the fanny. If you pay less attention to the games he plays to work them and more attention to what he does- you would have a better understanding of him. You are so interest in seeing if you can really, really catch him in an inconsistency that you miss the whole point.
    Joseph Stalin did the same thing. Just saying...

  11. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    I'm so bored with "getting" trump. It's just an obsession with the left. We get it. He's inconsistent. Everyone knows this now.
    I do agree with this. These threads are pretty funny, though, because the hooting MAGA swine like bga1 and QAnon Craig find incredibly inventive ways to explain that our big, smooth-brained president’s gaffes are actually genius Machiavellian chess moves. Everything he does is a Rorschach test for these guys. It’s almost fascinating.

  12. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
    I do agree with this. These threads are pretty funny, though, because the hooting MAGA swine like bga1 and QAnon Craig find incredibly inventive ways to explain that our big, smooth-brained president’s gaffes are actually genius Machiavellian chess moves. Everything he does is a Rorschach test for these guys. It’s almost fascinating.
    Yeah....if you actually think about it....everything Obama did was actually really really smart. That's why he passed the nation over to Trump in such great shape.

  13. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
    I do agree with this. These threads are pretty funny, though, because the hooting MAGA swine like bga1 and QAnon Craig find incredibly inventive ways to explain that our big, smooth-brained president’s gaffes are actually genius Machiavellian chess moves. Everything he does is a Rorschach test for these guys. It’s almost fascinating.
    Yes. This is the analog to TDS. Maybe S2 should admit that and call them out just as vigorously?

  14. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GopherJake View Post
    Yes. This is the analog to TDS. Maybe S2 should admit that and call them out just as vigorously?
    Not that S2 needs me to defend him but I have seen him call beeg out for this more than once.
    Who hates iowa?

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    35,178
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GopherJake View Post
    Yes. This is the analog to TDS. Maybe S2 should admit that and call them out just as vigorously?
    Let's hold our breath.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •