New Turf Next Year?

I like the blue turf that Boise has. Would love to see gold turf at TCF. It would bring publicity and help recruiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would go well with our bright white basketball court.

I like the idea of switching it up every 10 yards. Imagine this:

Endzones: Leftover hardwood from the new court at Williams
G-10: natural grass
10-20: gold AstroTurf
20-30: maroon field turf
30-40: cement with painted lines like the band practice area
40-50: install ice from the Stadium Series (use hockey center ice markings- that would really F with Miss State when they roll into town in a couple of years)
Reverse down other side of field.

Turn on heating coils when other team has ball in temps over 80, turn off when under 40. Always leave them off under the ice.

This would honor all of our teams and cover all fans and recruits likes. Toss in having our offense on the shady sideline and defensive unit on the sunny side (special teams wait in the tunnel) and I think we have ourselves a plan here.

I like the idea of switching it up every 10 yards. Imagine this:

Endzones: Leftover hardwood from the new court at Williams
G-10: natural grass
10-20: gold AstroTurf
20-30: maroon field turf
30-40: cement with painted lines like the band practice area
40-50: install ice from the Stadium Series (use hockey center ice markings- that would really F with Miss State when they roll into town in a couple of years)
Reverse down other side of field.

Turn on heating coils when other team has ball in temps over 80, turn off when under 40. Always leave them off under the ice.

This would honor all of our teams and cover all fans and recruits likes. Toss in having our offense on the shady sideline and defensive unit on the sunny side (special teams wait in the tunnel) and I think we have ourselves a plan here.

Maybe add some oars to the field? I don't mean painted-on oars, I mean actual oars laying on top of the field.

They could just put in a light colored turf and then spray paint it every week so we can have threads on what color the field will be this week.

This works for me. I really want colored end zones, like you see in the Rose Bowl (I’ve loved seeing those end zones on New Year’s Day since I was a kid, and long to see MINNESOTA there someday). The end zone is your ultimate destination in football so they should look different than the rest of the field.

Oddly enough, this has been my exact sentiment since I was a kid lol. Going to the Citrus Bowl and seeing the filled maroon endzone and painted sidelines was the new years day goal. I love it

I don’t like Boise’s blue turf, but I do really like Eastern Washington’s red field. I could probably live with maroon turf with gold end zones but I think the opposite would be like Williams Arena. Gold turf would be too bright and make it hard to watch in TV I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EMU's field is gray with green endzones.

I think they should have the "M" at midfield be on a rotating circle (think Lazy Susan). That way, it could be spun to always face the Gopher bench when they switch sidelines.

Seriously, the colored fields a lame and reserved for schools that need it to get national recognition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know it has been mentioned but nothing would make me happier than some nice sod laid down...

Heard they were going to switch and make grass white and numbers green to represent snow of the #BoldNorth

Now that the soccer team has moved out, doesn’t the deal to host them for a couple years include new turf to Gopher FB’s specifications to be installed? I’m not sure if my memory is correct on this but I am hoping we can return to stitched, colored end zones and colored edges to the yard marking numbers.

It has been a long time with painted markings, dating back to hosting the Vikings.

The replacement turf is already in the works.

attachment.php

I always thought that would work well - it wouldn't be obnoxious on TV, but would be distinctive. I'd be fine with that shade, but I doubt it will ever happen.

That said, assuming it's green, I also hope for a look similar to the new practice field. I'd like something "timeless", traditional Minnesota font, Maroon with gold lettering. No RTB, no oars, no bricks, no chili, no porous Gopher defenses...

I always thought that would work well - it wouldn't be obnoxious on TV, but would be distinctive. I'd be fine with that shade, but I doubt it will ever happen.

That said, assuming it's green, I also hope for a look similar to the new practice field. I'd like something "timeless", traditional Minnesota font, Maroon with gold lettering. No RTB, no oars, no bricks, no chili, no porous Gopher defenses...

Just had this thought: Brew should have put a bowl of hot chili on one side of the helmets. Would have been awesome.

We have a bevy of posters who have hissy fits over helmet decals.... Could you imagine the kerfluffle?

Top Bottom