New Turf Next Year?

I always thought that would work well - it wouldn't be obnoxious on TV, but would be distinctive. I'd be fine with that shade, but I doubt it will ever happen.

That said, assuming it's green, I also hope for a look similar to the new practice field. I'd like something "timeless", traditional Minnesota font, Maroon with gold lettering. No RTB, no oars, no bricks, no chili, no porous Gopher defenses...

That gold turf is hideous. It looks like dead grass from excessive sun and lack of water.

Did we cover the removal of heating system for no apparent reason in this thread?

That is explained in the article I linked.

So if they have to replace artificial turf every 3-4 years, how is that cheaper for an outdoor stadium to have grass that is repaired every year?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Generally it's not cheaper.

But it is more consistent turf wise.

Is this the part where we all start posting gigantic, horribly-crafted Photoshop images of our vision of the field, which take up most of the page within the thread?

With the PTFE roof, low water grass hybrids, drip hydration it’s an interesting botanical science question on whether real grass could be maintained inside. Condensation issues, etc. Surely if additional grow lights are necessary there is sufficient expertise and equipment available within the metro area alternative health and college communities for emergency grow operations.

UGGGHHH it was a Rochelle Olson article.

Please tip us off next time around, I refuse to give her click out of principle

Yikes. I didn't even notice that. What a small/petty person she is.

Generally it's not cheaper.

But it is more consistent turf wise.

Not sure how the field would have held up though with all the activity on it. If we had grass then we would be down to the heating coils as to wear. Especially at US Bank.

Top Bottom