Michigan has paid Harbaugh $30MM in 4 yrs = 38-14, 2-6 vs rivals, 1-3 in bowls

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

They are also a top 10-15 team and significantly better than when he arrived.

Grasping at straws here; I wonder if the demographic decline in Michigan, especially Detroit, and the University of Michigan's increasing admissions standards have diluted their recruiting prospects. It is still a big time helmet school no doubt, but I wonder if the helmet is shrinking.

Grasping at straws here; I wonder if the demographic decline in Michigan, especially Detroit, and the University of Michigan's increasing admissions standards have diluted their recruiting prospects. It is still a big time helmet school no doubt, but I wonder if the helmet is shrinking.

With Michigan St now winning a fair share of the in-state recruiting battles, there is only so much talent to go around. But I also agree with your premise, the demise of Michigan’s population has probably had some effect.

Is helmet shrinking a thing?

Is helmet shrinking a thing?

Yes, when very cold or frightened.

Edit add: OK. OK. Maybe I should have said "faded" or "peeling". My wife burns me with literal humor all the time, and now I get it here too? :)

Last edited:

I’d take Brohm over him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michigan's Harbaugh has won 26 Big Ten games and lost 9 Big Ten games in his four Big Ten seasons. That is $1,153,846.15 per Big Ten win. Pretty nice for him!

Our own P J Fleck has won 5 Big Ten games and lost 13 Big Ten games in his two Big Ten seasons. He has been paid around 3.5 million per season for $7million. He has been paid around $1,400,000.00 per Big Ten win. Now that is a pretty nice gig! Beat the stinking badger and the stinking hawkeye, GOPHER.

What would MN pay for 38-14? $30 million sounds about right.

Some schools just recruit themselves (Helmet Schools). Some areas of the country aid in recruiting. I hear these announcers talk about how some of these coaches are the best ever.

I might have to disagree. I would say maybe they are the best recruiters but not necessarily the best coaches. Many times you see teams with far less talent beat them or give them a scare. The talent difference is so far apart that it shouldn't be close.

Just heard one of the announcers today say that the lowest recruit Alabama had was a four star except for a kicker. Not sure if that is true but pretty hard not to win with that kind of talent.

Michigan has one of the top classes in the country again next year. I think it's Harbaugh's top rated class while at Michigan.

Michigan has one of the top classes in the country again next year. I think it's Harbaugh's top rated class while at Michigan.

Sounds like the next couple years will be interesting in the BG10 East. I imagine Harbaugh thanked the Lord profusely, did a happy jig, and broke out in song when he heard Urban Meyer was retiring.

Sounds like the next couple years will be interesting in the BG10 East. I imagine Harbaugh thanked the Lord profusely, did a happy jig, and broke out in song when he heard Urban Meyer was retiring.

Brilliant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is their stadium full? Because the year before he got there it was starting to look not full on TV

Is their stadium full? Because the year before he got there it was starting to look not full on TV

Friend of mine with season tickets says stadium is not full and has not been for several years. They play with the numbers a bit to maintain the "soldout" 100K reputation. The student areas are not full anymore. A national trend.

Friend of mine with season tickets says stadium is not full and has not been for several years. They play with the numbers a bit to maintain the "soldout" 100K reputation. The student areas are not full anymore. A national trend.

Will be interesting how long he stays then.
I think the system they run is great for a helmet school to win a lot of games.
I think the system they run makes it difficult to get all the way over the top.

When they play teams that have more talent in their d line than Michigan has in their o line, the system isn’t really diverse enough to work. They beat up on average and above average teams but when they play a great defense they can’t score. Ohio state was lost for a different reason than this but how they usually lose is because their offense can’t do anything.

Some schools just recruit themselves (Helmet Schools). Some areas of the country aid in recruiting. I hear these announcers talk about how some of these coaches are the best ever.

I might have to disagree. I would say maybe they are the best recruiters but not necessarily the best coaches. Many times you see teams with far less talent beat them or give them a scare. The talent difference is so far apart that it shouldn't be close.

Just heard one of the announcers today say that the lowest recruit Alabama had was a four star except for a kicker. Not sure if that is true but pretty hard not to win with that kind of talent.

Actually it was ONE of their stud running backs. Hard to believe they would sign a three star running back. Perhaps we put to much stock in star ratings. However, I would gladly accept any of their “left overs” recruits.

Top Bottom