Bogus: BTN B1G National Players of the Year

MennoSota

Reaction score
Watching the top 10 B1G players who got player of the year and Mychel Thompson doesn't make the top 10.
Instead there's multiple OSU (3), Michigan (2) and IU (2) players. Give me a break. Just another example of the BTN kowtowing to ohio.
I place Mychel as top 5.

Watching the top 10 B1G players who got player of the year and Mychel Thompson doesn't make the top 10.
Instead there's multiple OSU (3), Michigan (2) and IU (2) players. Give me a break. Just another example of the BTN kowtowing to ohio.
I place Mychel as top 5.

Can you post their list so we can make determinations? This thread is just you talking.

Is it based on just college stats? Big Dog averaged 30pts and 10 rebounds as a sophomore. Pretty good season.

Can you post their list so we can make determinations? This thread is just you talking.

Is it based on just college stats? Big Dog averaged 30pts and 10 rebounds as a sophomore. Pretty good season.
You'd have to watch the 30 minute show the BTN aired. If you like ohio, michigan and indiana with one from msu and purdue, you'd love the list.

You'd have to watch the 30 minute show the BTN aired. If you like ohio, michigan and indiana with one from msu and purdue, you'd love the list.

Again, great thread. We know 1 of the 10 names and are told to watch a 30 minute show. Thanks!

Last edited:

Here is eight of the ten mentioned (not in order, Robinson was #1). I can't remember the other two on the list.

Gary Bradds
Cazzie Russell
Scott May
Glenn Robinson
Frank Kaminsky
Trey Burke
Denzel Valentine
Jerry Lucas

I thought Mychal Thompson won as a senior in 1978. Wiki says otherwise. Perhaps he was just 1st team all-american.

Definitely disappointed they didn’t honor him for an award he didn’t win

On a positive note BTN did a top ten Big Ten athletes of all time that aired last week. Jesse Owens was number 1 and he should be. Dave Winfield was number 2.

Top Bottom