Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Terrible half from the guards. So many turnovers against this simple press.

The 1-2-2 caused total confusion and Michigan just kept pushing it toward mid-court. Plus, Michigan's uptempo took the legs right out of us.

MIN players were at shoot-around at 7:30 AM ET, which probably means they woke up at 6:30 AM ET. I wonder if they're tired/didn't get enough sleep because they look it. Started making mistake after mistake, and Whalen didn't use her timeouts... just let them bleed.

Blog Entries

Lindsay Whalen was right in preseason when she said the real test is the Big Ten grind. MIchigan should be pumpep up going after a 12th ranked Gopher team. So would all the other Big Ten opponents. They have a bullseye on their backs.

Let's see if the Gophers can settle down and adjust. This will be the defining moment(s) that will tell how truly good the Gophers are against Big Ten competition.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Great coaching job by KBA; knew Gophers lacked depth and went after them to get in foul trouble, Gophers played tentative for the rest of the half.

One word: Gross.

Quote Originally Posted by MRJ View Post
    One word: Gross.
    Just saw the score . Down by 26 in the 3rd ? Wow! I actually thought this might be their 1st loss but not by this many points. We knew they would have to step it up in the Big so here is their wake up call.

After 3: Taiye 16, rest of team 25.

Whalen waving the white flag by bringing K Bello.

Man, I really miss three pointers as a part of the offense. We were 1-4 from three. And Destiny finished with 1 point off 6 shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius L Hoops View Post
    Man, I really miss three pointers as a part of the offense. We were 1-4 from three. And Destiny finished with 1 point off 6 shots.
    We just dont have the shooters right now, really need to get Hubbard back and get Staples going from deep.

Rough day for the Gophers. Regroup, better things to come in 2019!

Michigan margin of victory: 16 points

Michigan fast break points: 16, Gophers: 0

Points off turnovers - Michigan: 26, Gophers: 12, Delta = 14

Field goal percentage almost identical (except for 2nd and 3rd quarter)

Michigan extra points off 3s = 9
    Michigan extra made free throws (on almost identical taken) = 3
    Sum = 12

If this would have been a night game, I think we may have seen a different result. But at least the players get to celebrate New Year's Eve.

Quote Originally Posted by Shades View Post
    If this would have been a night game, I think we may have seen a different result. But at least the players get to celebrate New Year's Eve.
    A New Year, and renewed resolve to play tough against the Big Ten. Plus some practice beating a simple press.