Fresno loses two players to the draft.

If we get outrecruited by NDSU because they are on TV locally, we suck.

What?!?!?

Where did I say that?

We could and have lost potential members of our PWO classes who took offers to NDSU.

Yeah, if we offer and they offer, we'll win.

It's a tinge more complicated than that.

Nice arrogant jab. I was not surprised they were good this year based on their 2017 season and the players they were returning. I was surprised by their quick turnaround from 1-11 in 2016 to 12-2 in 2018. Tedford definitely turned things around but that seems to be very possible in the Mountain West.

It wasn't really a jab against you. I was just saying that it seems like arguing semantics to say "Fresno St. wasn't good when we scheduled them", it's ignoring the entire point.

Didn’t do anything for us? We played and beat good competition. Players grow from better competition.

This is the best argument for it, IMO. They are good competition before the Big 10 season and they get our team used to a "real game". It's also more fun for the fans. So, I'm not really that against it, more complaining that the win gets kind of ignored and wasn't given enough publicity at the time.

This is the best argument for it, IMO. They are good competition before the Big 10 season and they get our team used to a "real game". It's also more fun for the fans. So, I'm not really that against it, more complaining that the win gets kind of ignored and wasn't given enough publicity at the time.

Yeah. I would rather have the team test itself against a middle of the road power 5 team.

Yeah. I would rather have the team test itself against a middle of the road power 5 team.

I’m not sure why anyone would think there is some big advantage to scheduling a team like Kansas St or Pitt instead of a top tier non P5 team like Fresno St. Neither one is going to ‘move the needle’ regarding the perception of who we play.

I’m not sure why anyone would think there is some big advantage to scheduling a team like Kansas St or Pitt instead of a top tier non P5 team like Fresno St. Neither one is going to ‘move the needle’ regarding the perception of who we play.

Well, the reason being that they might get lucky and have a great season or something.
Really I think we should schedule 3 easy wins.

Well, the reason being that they might get lucky and have a great season or something.
Really I think we should schedule 3 easy wins.

So could Pitt or Kansas St. Fresno St was the 2nd or 3rd most difficult team we faced this year. It was a good win and a fun game. As a fan, I enjoy a game like that more than watching us beat Miami of Ohio 27-3.

The risk/benefit analysis of playing those schools doesn't help us.

We should never play NDSU, but that's for other reasons. We have no reason to put them on TVs in Minneapolis/Saint Paul.

Do games against teams like NDSU still get televised?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So could Pitt or Kansas St. Fresno St was the 2nd or 3rd most difficult team we faced this year. It was a good win and a fun game. As a fan, I enjoy a game like that more than watching us beat Miami of Ohio 27-3.

I too enjoyed Fresno State more.
Not sure that bit of extra enjoyment is worth a chance at a loss though.

If youre going to risk a loss it better be for some clout or a conference win. Fresno gives you neither.

Top Bottom