View Poll Results: Two years into the PJ Fleck era, the Gophers program is...?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fleck has the program further along than I expected

38 25.85%
  • Fleck has the program exactly where I expected

95 64.63%
  • Fleck has the program not as far along as I expected

14 9.52%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gopher8190 View Post
    I see a lot of comments about how they are disappointed in the number of wins in 2017. Not only is the question about where the team is NOW, but why in the world are so many concerned NOW about what our record was in 2017? This site is truly depressing. We have the youngest team in the country and we just won a game we hadn't won since 1994 and 71% of voters in this thread don't think we are further along than expected?????? I don't get it.
    Wow...give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    Pretty far ahead of what i thought it would be. He has done the most important thing, build a culture, build relationships and scout recruits to the hilt.
    nm

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    Fleck should be a handful of games above .500 overall, so below where I expected. No reason he couldn't be 16-10 or 17-9 right now.
    You're so right. Should have gone 9-3 with Demry Croft last year and the team with an entirely new coaching staff.

Good call

Fleck should be a handful of games above .500 overall, so below where I expected. No reason he couldn't be 16-10 or 17-9 right now.
    Vegas only had us as a favorite in 8 games over those two years.

Quote Originally Posted by btowngopher View Post
    Vegas only had us as a favorite in 8 games over those two years.
    So Vegas could also see we were underachieving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

I see a lot of comments about how they are disappointed in the number of wins in 2017. Not only is the question about where the team is NOW, but why in the world are so many concerned NOW about what our record was in 2017? This site is truly depressing. We have the youngest team in the country and we just won a game we hadn't won since 1994 and 71% of voters in this thread don't think we are further along than expected?????? I don't get it.
    We just NOW finished 7-6. You don’t understand how only 29% of people find that better than expected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

Funny stuff

His only fault is hiring the wrong DC and then not firing him quicker. It cost us wins. That is not ahead of schedule. That said, the future is bright.

I expected 6 maybe 7 wins considering all the roster issues he had to deal with. I consider this year a success because he has a long term plan in place to get the team to a level that he will be proud to showcase as Minnesota's team. I know he has high expectations and I trust that he knows more about building a team than us average GH'ers. If you have a better plan then you are not on GH.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hardy View Post
    On the rise. Our QB situation is clearly improved. We have a much improved receiver corps. TE included. Our offensive line is good with a very young group. They are going to get a lot better. Our running back stable is full, with “a pair and a spare.” Running the ball is going to be what we do. We recruited well in D line group, with a good group of red shirt DE’s. We have two good LB’s returning. Our secondary will be much better with the return of Winfield and Sapp. I expect to see the physical team next year for 12 games that we saw in the bowl win.
    The most promising thing about this team is their growth during the season. This is the result of good coaching.
    We may not win the west next year, but whoever does, will have to take it from us. That’s where we realistically should be in year three. We will be in a better bowl game next year too.
    I think your comments reflect the most appropriate framework to view this question (rather than dwelling on whether or not we won enough games during the past two years). I've been a dedicated Gopher fan for only 6 years but I've never been this optimistic before about what this program has returning combined with what recruits that will be arriving. You checked all the reasons to believe this program is headed in a very good direction for the near future. Yes, we may not win the West but there are legitimate reasons to believe we have a very fair chance to do that.

If we are farther along than you think, then that can be your answer. I don't think it is unreasonable to say that 7-6 is behind where we would want to be. Even Brewster, who seems to be the near-unanimous choice for worst coach in recent memory, was able to go 7-6 in year two. Our last few games have me pretty optimistic for next year, but I hoped we would win more games this year.

If we win 10 games next year does that mean we weren't far enough along today? My point being that sometimes the record doesn't always quite indicate where exactly the program is and where it is heading.
    Last edited by btowngopher; 12-30-2018 at 02:11 PM.

Most expectations are win loss based and rightfully so. He’s met my expectations as far as on field discipline and recruiting. We seem to have more talented players headed to the U.

Quote Originally Posted by scools12 View Post
    Funny stuff
    Means a lot coming from you (sarcasm). Two games last year, which would have meant a bowl game and chance for an additional win, and at least two games this year, so very easily could have 16-17 wins. As shown in other threads, a solid majority of GHers agree with that assessment. Not sure how you can agree with that and also think he's at expectations or further along than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by btowngopher View Post
    If we win 10 games next year does that mean we weren't far enough along today? My point being that sometimes the record doesn't always quite indicate where exactly the program is and where it is heading.
    Yes, absolutely.