View Poll Results: Two years into the PJ Fleck era, the Gophers program is...?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fleck has the program further along than I expected

38 25.85%
  • Fleck has the program exactly where I expected

95 64.63%
  • Fleck has the program not as far along as I expected

14 9.52%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Two years into the PJ Fleck era, the Gophers program is...?

Two years into the PJ Fleck era, the Gophers program is...?

No “Prefer not to answer” option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

I went with not as far along as I expected, but I think it is also worth noting that it is trending in the right direction.

That's tough. I didn't know what to expect. I hoped Fleck could somehow come in to kick @ss and take names. I'm a fan, how do I not hope for that. Last year was difficult but saw signs of hope for the future. This year saw even more signs of improvement from both offense and defense. I'm not disappointed in where the Gophers are and I continue to have confidence they'll continue improving and be a quality B1G team.

I have no idea what option that is.

Given what the QB situation was and the key injuries sustained, it's tough to have expected much more. The recruiting has been as good as I had hoped.

Voted "where I expected" but that's not a perfect description. I had hoped for a better record in year 2 so that's below expecations (Illinois, Nebraska/Maryland killed that). However, the level of play shown in the latter part of the season coming from so many young players, both talentwise and mentally, has shown me more potential than I've seen since the early 2000s and will hopefully far surpass those teams actual performance. So the team's promise at this point exceeded my expecations.

I understand that the team's academic performance has been pretty impressive so there's that too.

On the rise. Our QB situation is clearly improved. We have a much improved receiver corps. TE included. Our offensive line is good with a very young group. They are going to get a lot better. Our running back stable is full, with “a pair and a spare.” Running the ball is going to be what we do. We recruited well in D line group, with a good group of red shirt DE’s. We have two good LB’s returning. Our secondary will be much better with the return of Winfield and Sapp. I expect to see the physical team next year for 12 games that we saw in the bowl win.
    The most promising thing about this team is their growth during the season. This is the result of good coaching.
    We may not win the west next year, but whoever does, will have to take it from us. That’s where we realistically should be in year three. We will be in a better bowl game next year too.
    Last edited by Joe Hardy; 12-28-2018 at 06:41 PM.

All things considered -- especially the heaping helping of injuries to key players this year -- we're on track. We're in a good place, headed somewhere even better.

JTG

He's recruited better than I thought he would. I knew he was known as a recruited, but we had a ton of freshman contribute mightily this year in meaningful minutes. Our offensive line looks like it belongs in the Big Ten for the first time since Mason. Our defensive line has depth and talent. We have a reasonable good QB and we have receivers that are better than than any MAC team, which was also not true for like 10 years. So we're further along than I expected.
    "My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven't been cynical enough." - Chrisjen Avasarala

Blog Entries

Pj Flecks program is skyrocketing. Should have been one of the options.

Quote Originally Posted by rockford View Post
    All things considered -- especially the heaping helping of injuries to key players this year -- we're on track. We're in a good place, headed somewhere even better.

JTG
    Where I'm at. He was playing the "Lowering Expectations" card, but if you look at what he was actually saying, the Gophers seem to be pretty much on his schedule.

I couldn’t be happier with how we ended the season. Still, 5-7, 7-5 is below what my expectations were going in. I’m damn excited for the future tho.

Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

Exactly where PJ Fleck thought it would be. Building depth and bringing in a lot more talent than this program has ever seen. What we just saw the last 4 games was this program “coming out of the turn” as Coach Fleck likes to say. The corner appears to have been turned!

On the one hand, PJ didn't take over a broken down wreck of a program, so I expected more success early than we've enjoyed. Om the other hand, the Gophers definitely were on the upswing for the last four games.

I expect absolutely no fewer than eight wins in 2019, and I think our team could surprise everyone with a breakthrough season.
    I’m a light eater. As soon as it’s light, I start to eat. And I'm on a seefood diet. If I can see food, I'll eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by everybody knows my name View Post
    On the one hand, PJ didn't take over a broken down wreck of a program, so I expected more success early than we've enjoyed. Om the other hand, the Gophers definitely were on the upswing for the last four games.

I expect absolutely no fewer than eight wins in 2019, and I think our team could surprise everyone with a breakthrough season.
    The most important position, QB, was pretty much a wreck.