Number of Big Ten Conference Wins

How many wins will the Gophers have in conference prior to the conference tournament?

• 2 or fewer wins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 or 4 wins

• 15 or 16 wins

• 17 to 19 wins

• I don't care

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

golfing18now

Reaction score
Now that we have seen most of the non-conference schedule, how do you feel about the state of the Gophers basketball team?

How many total wins will the Gophers have in conference prior to the conference tournament?

20 game schedule, currently 1-1 in conference

Win at Wisconsin could get us to 11... but we can't defend the three...

Inability to impose their will vs inferior teams is troublesome

I'm interested in seeing how Isaiah Washington matches up with Brad Davison. With Amir at point, I think we matchup well against sconnie.
As for this year in conference, I think we win 9 or 10.

I'm going with 10, maybe 11 if we can steal the game in Madison. If we play to our potential I think we only lose twice at home, one to Michigan and another loss to a team like Indiana or Purdue. That gives us 8 conference wins... we beat Rutgers, Illinois and Northwestern on the road to get us to 11.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For reference, the average winning percentage of an NCAA tournament team is 73.5. Over the average of 31 games in a season, that’s a record of 23-8.

We can't make 3's or defend the 3, it would be unlikely to win more than 6 or 7 unless something dramatically changes on both fronts.

I find it interesting nearly two-thirds of respondents expect 9-12 B1G wins this year.

We've won nine or more B1G games only four times in the last 21 seasons.

The most conference wins in that stretch was 11 in 2016-17.

So a majority expect a banner year, at least when measured against the success of the last two decades. And a not inconsiderable group of fans wants the coach fired. The same coach who won 11 conference games two years ago.

Hmmm.

JTG

6 more which will result in a maybe for the NIT. Really hope I am wrong but I can't see many wins with no one able to hit the three.

I find it interesting nearly two-thirds of respondents expect 9-12 B1G wins this year.

So a majority expect a banner year, at least when measured against the success of the last two decades. And a not inconsiderable group of fans wants the coach fired. The same coach who won 11 conference games two years ago.

Hmmm.

JTG

First year with 20 big ten games. 9 or 10 wins would be 0.500 winning percentage or below. Much less than a Banner year

6 more which will result in a maybe for the NIT. Really hope I am wrong but I can't see many wins with no one able to hit the three.

Going to do you one better ad predict 8 - 12. Not sold on the team from what I've seen.

As an aside, don't think the ladies are as good as their ranking (thought this even before the Michigan loss) and see them 2 games over .500 in the Big Ten.

First year with 20 big ten games. 9 or 10 wins would be 0.500 winning percentage or below. Much less than a Banner year

I stand corrected. Forgot about the increase to 20 B1G games.

JTG

Actually, looking at the schedule i change mine to 13. No worse than 5-2 after 7. I am in the minority that the conference is not that great. I see Purdue and IOWA as way over ranked. Gophers no worse than 4th

I don't think 7 conference wins will get us to the NIT. 8 probably will.

7 wins most definitely gets you in the worthless NIT.

This conference is the best in the land and it's not close. 9-10 conference wins if a few are the right ones and we are in the dance or at least on the bubble. Who cares about the NIT anyways. I would rather they just declined invites to that turd tournament. It's an embarrassment to even care about the NIT.

Hmmm.

JTG

There are 20 conference games now. Makes a big difference when projecting the win total.

This conference is the best in the land and it's not close. 9-10 conference wins if a few are the right ones and we are in the dance or at least on the bubble. Who cares about the NIT anyways. I would rather they just declined invites to that turd tournament. It's an embarrassment to even care about the NIT.

Apparently you haven't checked out the recent history of the NIT (although your ignorance didn't discourage you from giving that pointless little rant). There are only 32 teams and teams who win their regular conference seasons but lose in their conference tournaments are given automatic bids. There are usually at least 10 of those each year so that leaves only 22 or fewer at large bids. 7 conference wins would equal a 17-14 regular season. Win one and lose one in the Big Ten tournament and the record is 18-15. The Gophers did that in 2015 and didn't get an invite to the NIT. Maryland had a better record than that last season and didn't get an invite.

As for the rest of your meaningless bluster, I have no opinion.

Is the ACC 11-7 against the Big 10 ? I think the bottom 6 in the Big 10 is better than the Bottom 6 in the ACC, the middle is close but the top of the ACC is loaded.

Nice job GH of hitting it pretty close to the mark

Final tally is in.....nine wins. 34 out of 79 hit the number. Well done.

2nd Degree Gopher, BarnBall, bga1, BleedGopher, book, bottlebass, die hard gopher, EaganGopher, Frank Grimey Grimes, Go Gophs, Go4, gopherhoopsguy, GophersInIowa, gopherskynet, Gopherwatcher, howeda7, localhuman, MinnGopher, PhillyGopher, PurplePride, rickyupchurch, rmj, row19gopher, SDR, SelectionSunday, Ski U Mah Gopher, Some guy, Sparlimb, Stan, stuck_in_scony_go4_fan, walkta, West Fargo Gopher Fan, XMan, Zeppelin Gopher

I had us at 11 or 12. Still think we could have been there. Squandered some chances by not showing up for a few games.

Top Bottom