Damian Johnson: Trevor Mbakwe should be in the NBA

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

DJ's got a point. I don't think Voshon Lenard would have had a long NBA career if it weren't for Pat Riley carving out a niche for him. And if Mark Madsen and the role he was given to play by Phil Jackson in LA isn't exactly what we're talking about here...

DJ's got a point. I don't think Voshon Lenard would have had a long NBA career if it weren't for Pat Riley carving out a niche for him. And if Mark Madsen and the role he was given to play by Phil Jackson in LA isn't exactly what we're talking about here...

Sports in general, for those not blue chippers, is about opportunity, where you are, who has heard of you or seen you. How many kids impress at a camp or something, and otherwise might not even be noticed? Different sport, but the names Adam Thielen and Erik Decker will forever be synonymous with those elite athletes who were nearly unnoticed. Think of just how good Nolen and Hoffarber and Damien Johnson ended up being; none of those guys were blue chippers. Success in life is so very dependent on circumstance.

I think a lot of guys COULD be in the NBA that aren't. But a lot of those guys are MVPs of leagues in Europe, making good money, playing a ton and would rather do that than spend time in the G-League to maybe get a shot for 15 games per season.

His athleticism and physical ability match anyone in the NBA, his size and skillset just aren't what most NBA teams are looking for,

His athleticism and physical ability match anyone in the NBA, his size and skillset just aren't what most NBA teams are looking for,

You honestly think his athleticism and physical ability match Labron, Leonard, Giannis and on and on. No problem if that is what you see. I see something entirely different. Skill wise i agree as he lacks so severely there.

Top Bottom