Wisconsin Going For Score Instead of Taking a Knee

MNSpaniel

Reaction score
I was surprised to see Wisconsin going for the score with 13 seconds left in the game instead of taking a knee. Wonder if there is some bad blood between those teams.
I know some of you would never root for Wisconsin but I always root for all Big Ten teams during Bowl Season.

Miami always talks a bunch of **** even when they aren’t very good. I say run it up whenever you can.

But the card, in this case, must have said go for one after that TD.

I know people like to say tough guy stuff like “if you don’t like it, stop it” but I have never been that way. I always find it classy when coaches take a knee when time is expiring and the vast majority do just that.

Not a massive bush league thing but I wouldn’t do it, for whatever that is worth.

I was thinking maybe something happened last year when they played them in the bowl game. The other thought I had is maybe they were both recruiting a player and wanted to put a statement as to which team to choose. Just speculation... I like the new Miami coach. He was a class act when he was at Georgia. I could see Bielima doing that but I thought this Wisconsin coach had a little more class.

I thought maybe it was Chryst trying to get their senior rb a TD to end his career? Didn’t think it was a very classy look regardless.

I thought maybe it was Chryst trying to get their senior rb a TD to end his career? Didn’t think it was a very classy look regardless.

You might be right on that. I’m sure he will be asked about it.

As I noted in another thread, I had no problem with it and would want the gophers to do the same thing if they were in that position.

Brad Davison has to be involved in this some way. Because he’s a tool.

I'm ok with it for two reasons:

1. It was against Miami.
2. It was done to send off a 5th year senior tailback, who before being frequently injured was expected to play a major role in the offense, with one final TD to cap off the season and his career.

I was thinking maybe something happened last year when they played them in the bowl game. The other thought I had is maybe they were both recruiting a player and wanted to put a statement as to which team to choose. Just speculation... I like the new Miami coach. He was a class act when he was at Georgia. I could see Bielima doing that but I thought this Wisconsin coach had a little more class.

I think if Wisconsin tried an onside kick after the last score, that would have been the line for me. Reminds me of this (it's worth the view):

As I noted in another thread, I had no problem with it and would want the gophers to do the same thing if they were in that position.
I personally disagree. Take the knee, end the game with class. Even if there is history. Be the better team.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I personally disagree. Take the knee, end the game with class. Even if there is history. Be the better team.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don't think the move lacks class at all and for me, has nothing to do with it being against Miami. Of course if they passed the ball or tried some sort of trick play or gone for 2 then it'd be different but I don't think there is anything wrong with running it right up the middle with one of your backups.

It's not any different then when we played UNLV in 2013 and don't remember anyone her having a problem with it.

2nd and goal from the 4 yard line with 43 seconds left to put us up 51-23

0:38 mark of video

Hadn't seen the cannon man for a while until I saw this video.

It's not any different then when we played UNLV in 2013 and don't remember anyone her having a problem with it.

2nd and goal from the 4 yard line with 43 seconds left to put us up 51-23

0:38 mark of video

That was a fun game. Man I really liked those unis.

I don’t have a problem with running up the score when the game is played by adults. I think there’s some legitimacy to not running up the score in a youth game.

Auburn took their foot off the gas on Purdue late in the 3rd quarter. Likely could have scored 100.

Played all of their QBs in the 4th quarter... Didn't dispute poor spots late in the 4th quarter which would have resulted in more points, and they took a knee on the Purdue 1/2 yard line to end the game.

I'm sure the third string QB would have liked to have a TD credited to his drive, but they chose to take the high road.

Auburn took their foot off the gas on Purdue late in the 3rd quarter. Likely could have scored 100.

Played all of their QBs in the 4th quarter... Didn't dispute poor spots late in the 4th quarter which would have resulted in more points, and they took a knee on the Purdue 1/2 yard line to end the game.

I'm sure the third string QB would have liked to have a TD credited to his drive, but they chose to take the high road.

Not really the same game at all. Auburn was up what? 53-7 during the middle of the second quarter?

Wisconsin was only up 11 at half and up 25-3 at the time of the score. They weren't really able to impose their will the same way Auburn did.

Not really the same game at all. Auburn was up what? 53-7 during the middle of the second quarter?

Wisconsin was only up 11 at half and up 25-3 at the time of the score. They weren't really able to impose their will the same way Auburn did.

Can't really expect any team to start laying down at halftime, can you? Auburn really put the brakes on their passing game early in the third, and were playing everyone they could in the 4th...

My opinion is that when Wisconsin had a 1st and goal with under a minute to play, and up by 25.... the game was more than over. I don't think Miami had any timeouts left either. It's just my opinion, but I think had Wisc taken 2 knees and run out the clock it would have been a proper show of sportsmanship.

Other variables may have been in play... perhaps trash talk needed a lesson or something like that...

Top Bottom