Rochelle Olson Strib reporter mocking Fleck

I wish they would pull the press credentials from Star Tribune. Between Souhan, Reusse, and now Rochelle Olson, they are doing much more harm than good. Don't give them credentials for a season and I bet they'll be more reasonable when they get them back.

Use adblock on their site and if you run out of free articles, read them in an incognito window in chrome. If they don't make money they can't keep paying their "writers".

In today’s environment, too many people forget about what country they live in! You do not restrict the access of the press because you don’t like what they write. We really need to reinstitute civics class in our high schools so people understand our basic underlying principles of our country.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is it still OK to make fun of Reusse’s appearance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In today’s environment, too many people forget about what country they live in! You do not restrict the access of the press because you don’t like what they write. We really need to reinstitute civics class in our high schools so people understand our basic underlying principles of our country.

You can restrict access of the press at any point to your team. It’s be dumb, but freedom of the press doesn’t mean you have to let the press into everything you do, it means the government can’t punish the press for what they write. It is you who needs a civics class.

When you start making fun of appearances, etc, it reflects worse on the insulter than the insulted. Maybe I’m old fashioned but there ought to be some level of decorum rather than acting like overly emotional college kids (or media)

When you start making fun of appearances, etc, it reflects worse on the insulter than the insulted. Maybe I’m old fashioned but there ought to be some level of decorum rather than acting like overly emotional college kids.

I generally agree with this. But I will question anyone who says it is wrong to criticize the appearance of women but is mysteriously quiet when people criticize the appearance of men

When you start making fun of appearances, etc, it reflects worse on the insulter than the insulted. Maybe I’m old fashioned but there ought to be some level of decorum rather than acting like overly emotional college kids (or media)

Reusse and the lady act like overly emotional college kids when talking gophers or reporting on them.

Reusse tweets like a 5 year old during gopher games.

And this lady asked the same question over and over and over and over. She wasn't getting what she wanted for an answer, and I could swear she was acting like an overly em otional kid. You have to do the emotional college kid routine for these dumb sportswriters to comprehend.

I just laugh at the sanctimonious posters. Pure entertainment!

Hell, we cheer for overly emotional football college kids.

This lady and Reusse are fair game on anything as far as I'm concerned.

Reusse is ok to have his opinions. I have no issue with columnists.

Ok? I’m just saying in what face to face debate would someone start hurling personal insults? Usually reserved for out of their minds political activists (both stripes), children, and low class “trailer park” folk.

Ok? I’m just saying in what face to face debate would someone start hurling personal insults? Usually reserved for out of their minds political activists (both stripes), children, and low class “trailer park” folk.

I don't know, ask Reusse or what the lady was tweeting.

You think they'd say that stuff to Fleck's face?

Reusse is ok to have his opinions. I have no issue with columnists.

Funny that you hold message board posters to a higher standard than columnists.
Reusse literally called a former coach country jer as a slight every time he wrote about him, but you have an issue with message board posters and not columnists?

The Strib decided it was just fine to make light of Kill's epilepsy. Eff them and the stable of donkeys they harbor.

Ok, so your bias isn’t against ugly people it’s against poor people. Got it.

Any professional, paid reporter or columnist who (in person at press conferences, on social media, or in their writing) act like unprofessional, rude, petulant, spoiled children deserve whatever derogotary commentary you want to throw at them.

Rochelle-Rochelle's behavior during the press conference and following should be considered a professional embarrassment to her and the Strib.

I work for a Fortune 100 company, and if you behave like that once, your career would be over.

You can restrict access of the press at any point to your team. It’s be dumb, but freedom of the press doesn’t mean you have to let the press into everything you do, it means the government can’t punish the press for what they write. It is you who needs a civics class.

The original posters wanted to restrict just the Strib from press conferences and other public events and communications. Of course, they don't have to give the press access to everything.

yeahhh no. that is not what freedom of the press is

sound like you should take your own advice and repeat 9th grade civics

This thread got me to thinking about civics and I zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Funny that you hold message board posters to a higher standard than columnists.
Reusse literally called a former coach country jer as a slight every time he wrote about him, but you have an issue with message board posters and not columnists?

There’s an enormous difference between some jack wagon offering their opinions in a column or on a discussion board (and very little quality difference in some cases) vs manufacturing deceptive or misleading stories in an unprofessional manner. There are, at times, opinion columnists that go too far and state flat out lies as Shipley did during the Gopher Ten episode or what we’ve seen with recent issues at Maryland and Ohio State. That’s also not ok. There’s a difference between fact and allegation and words matter.

No, I couldn’t care less he called him Country Jer. Jerry Kill knows he’s “country” and played it up. So what?

Ok, so your bias isn’t against ugly people it’s against poor people. Got it.

Fine, vulgar or uncouth or low class, take your pick. Just saying we can criticize someone’s work without going into other unrelated issues.

yeahhh no. that is not what freedom of the press is

sound like you should take your own advice and repeat 9th grade civics

So you think it is OK to just pick on one press source and restrict them from press conferences and other public events at the U just because you don't like what they are reporting? Like I explained to the other poster, I am not saying that the press has to have access to everything, just that you can't restrict their access because of what they write.

Remember that the U is a state university and that the AD, coaches, etc are all government employees. If you let the U ban individual reporters for "stupid" things, what makes you think they won't use that power for things that can affect their pay, reputation or career.

So let's say that one reporter was getting close to uncovering information that the coach was involved in funneling money from a specific shoe company to student athletes. What if the AD and Coach decided to restrict that reporter from access to information from the U because they said he/she was asking stupid questions. This could be something that may even warrant a FBI investigation if enough background information had been collected by the reporter. Or maybe they coach has been choking players during practice, or making players sit in closets, etc.

The idea of not allowing a press organization to come to pressers, etc. because you don’t like what they print is a total millennial mentality. It is equivalent to posters on here sending requests to the mods to ban someone they don’t like.

The idea of not allowing a press organization to come to pressers, etc. because you don’t like what they print is a total millennial mentality. It is equivalent to posters on here sending requests to the mods to ban someone they don’t like.

Agree that it is wrong.
Calling it a “milenial mentality” is also wrong.

Who do you think taught the milenials how to behave? Hint:their parents

Oh, I would disagree with that. But that would be a topic for the off-topic board.

Well now I know why she went into news paper rather than tv news...

There’s a dinner table scene with the matriarch of the family in Wedding Crashers that comes to mind.

Agree that it is wrong.
Calling it a “milenial mentality” is also wrong.

Responding to some perceived offense or slight, usually minor or misunderstood, with a ridiculous amount of venomous vulgarities or calls for death, loss of livelihood etc is absolutely more common in younger people - Gen Z, millennials, Gen WTF, whatever. People do tend to mellow and become more thoughtful with age (with many exceptions). It is jarring sometimes to see the Culture Club disciples demonstrate the more kneejerk behaviors.

The fellas from NW gave Fitzgerald the old Gatorade bath after their Holiday Bowl win. Wonder if this pretty, brilliant woman will feel the need to mock them as well.

Top Bottom