Tyree Jackson Buffalo Grad Transfer

Good year to do that, not a lot of QB talent hitting the draft this year. That will boost his stock for sure. He'll get over-drafted because of that alone

I’d argue there is no such thing as being overdrafted.
A draft is teams picking the players they want the most.
If a team wants a player with their first pick but none of the other 31 thought he was any good, that doesn’t mean he was overdrafted. It means he was drafted.

Best to jump on the hype train when the getting’s good. IIRC he was advised to return to school by the NFL advisory panel. He’ll get a nice signing bonus, be a developmental QB and who knows? There’s always one or two Brad Childress types that might take him higher based on nothing more than physical potential - strong armed, taller QB. His stats very much remind me Tarvaris Jackson coming out of school. On that draft:

The day after the draft, Childress was quoted by the St. Paul Pioneer Press as saying: "I think you judge quarterbacks a little bit differently...When you see what you want at the quarterback position, you need to go get it. And that's exactly what I see with Tarvaris Jackson is a guy that's a piece of clay, that has all the skills in terms of, No. 1, what's he look like throwing the football?...He's got a great throwing motion; he's athletic. He has all those things that we're looking for, and he's wired right. That's important for a quarterback. I think he's a flatline guy. I think he's a sponge. You're talking about a guy that never had a coach there as a quarterback coach. So what can he do with coaching?"[9]

Top Bottom