Tyree Jackson Buffalo Grad Transfer

He is the big qb that was a freshman when we played Buffalo a few years ago....I think.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Hmm. I’m thinking go with what we’ve got.

He is the big qb that was a freshman when we played Buffalo a few years ago....I think.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Correct, Fleck recruited him a bit while at WMU. I think he was on Kill's radar as well.

Hmm. I’m thinking go with what we’ve got.

I agree. I have total confidence in Morgan. With a year under his belt his is only gonna got better. ZA is more than competent as a backup and we have talented QB’s coming in. We finally can move the ball downfield with the QB throwing the ball. I feel good at this position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know how some of you feel good enough at QB right now to not potentially pursue someone who could be a big upgrade. I don't know much about Jackson or Buffalo's offense, but I know that I only feel OK about the QB position going into next year. I will likely feel a lot better about it in 2 years but neither TM's 59%, 9 TD, 6 int or ZA's 52%, 9 TD, 7 int performance this year is enough for me to feel confident about the position going into next year.

I don't know how some of you feel good enough at QB right now to not potentially pursue someone who could be a big upgrade. I don't know much about Jackson or Buffalo's offense, but I know that I only feel OK about the QB position going into next year. I will likely feel a lot better about it in 2 years but neither TM's 59%, 9 TD, 6 int or ZA's 52%, 9 TD, 7 int performance this year is enough for me to feel confident about the position going into next year.

the Gophers would likely take a step back if not next year for sure the year after that... Matt we are good with what we've got.

I agree. I have total confidence in Morgan. With a year under his belt his is only gonna got better. ZA is more than competent as a backup and we have talented QB’s coming in. We finally can move the ball downfield with the QB throwing the ball. I feel good at this position.

Agreed. Morgan ended the year with a 147.6 QB Rating which puts him near the top of the Big Ten (he doesn't have enough attempts to finish in the official leader group). I like his play. Hope he, Annexstad and any other QBs on the roster continue to improve of course.

It's pretty reasonable to expect them to improve though, no? Tyree Jackson himself as a RS Fr completed 53%, 9 TD, 9 INT and not in the Big Ten. I'd rather develop the guys we have than chase a MAC QB to play for 1 year.

he will go to Wisconsin

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's pretty reasonable to expect them to improve though, no? Tyree Jackson himself as a RS Fr completed 53%, 9 TD, 9 INT and not in the Big Ten. I'd rather develop the guys we have than chase a MAC QB to play for 1 year.
Mitch Leidner put a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to expecting QBs to improve.

I like our QB, but competition is a good thing. If coach Fleck was interested in bringing Jackson in, and Jackson wanted to be a Gopher, I think you bring him in.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

I’m good with what we’ve got. I’d like to see the deep ball development improve...but good with this crew. In Fleck we trust...

I have to think if we're looking at a grad transfer it will be a LB, DE or S.

If it was a dynamic QB, we'd have to think about it.

The OL is jelling and we now have a defense that allows our O to stick to the game plan. Stick with what we have. Not a close decision. BTW, Leidner is gone.

I think Jackson is good and would probably make us a little better but I think I'd rather just keep developing Morgan and Annexstad. I'd definitely take him if though he had multiple years of eligibility.

He'd probably be an upgrade, I'm guessing Fleck doesn't go that direction though.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zdEhAvWSC7A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why wouldn’t we take him if we could? He was the MAC offensive player of the year. 55% passer this year (60% last year). 28 tds to 12 int and 3000+ yards. Buffalo was 10-3. He would probably be an upgrade. However if we don’t get him we will be just fine.

As far as grad transfers go I really don’t think we find a top notch safety unless we go FCS.

He will have some big time options anyways so I wouldn't expect we'd get him even if we wanted him.

ND QB Brandon Wimbush is also on the market as well as Justin Fields from Georgia. Will be interesting to see where all three end up.

I watched him play in their Bowl game and when they said he would be a grad transfer my first thought was that he would look awesome in Maroon and Gold. He had a big arm and is a big kid.

PJ explicitly stated (sometime last off-season) in an interview he isn’t interested in grad transfer QBs. Of course, never say never.

Usually I'd be on board with a QB transfer, but two freshmen this year seemed at least serviceable, and we have two decent looking recruits coming in. Build what you've got.

We've got Jacob Clark coming in with the 2019 class. I agree with others that we should stick with and develop our current guys.

PJ explicitly stated (sometime last off-season) in an interview he isn’t interested in grad transfer QBs. Of course, never say never.

PJ Fleck says a lot of things that he ends up doing the exact opposite, so not sure that really has any bearing on this situation. If Fleck wants him and he wants to be here, it will happen. If Fleck doesn’t want him and he doesn’t want to, it won’t.

You guys are crazy. That guy wants to be a Gopher, he's a Gopher. Don't worry though, he won't be a Gopher.

You guys are crazy. That guy wants to be a Gopher, he's a Gopher. Don't worry though, he won't be a Gopher.

Morgan had a higher completion % and higher yards per attempt this year, but I know it's hard to compare since it's different teams in different conferences. I don't think you rock the boat and bring in a one-year guy if they are not a sure-thing improvement.
I would have taken him at the beginning of this year though with all the uncertainty we were facing.

Morgan had a higher completion % and higher yards per attempt this year, but I know it's hard to compare since it's different teams in different conferences. I don't think you rock the boat and bring in a one-year guy if they are not a sure-thing improvement.
I would have taken him at the beginning of this year though with all the uncertainty we were facing.

I think you take anyone who is a lock to be in your 2 deeps. He would be (Annexstad could redshirt). Gophers have long suffered from depth. They have too few really good players. The more the better so I say come on in. That said he probably wants a guarantee to start. I wouldn't give him that.

Honestly who wants a QB who wouldn’t be willing to fight for their job? I want a winner at QB not spoiled brat who wants it on a silver platter. I see this guy as a fighter who wants a better shot at the NFL

Top Bottom