Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

The OL is jelling and we now have a defense that allows our O to stick to the game plan. Stick with what we have. Not a close decision. BTW, Leidner is gone.
    Kingdom Warriors

I think Jackson is good and would probably make us a little better but I think I'd rather just keep developing Morgan and Annexstad. I'd definitely take him if though he had multiple years of eligibility.

He'd probably be an upgrade, I'm guessing Fleck doesn't go that direction though.

Why wouldn’t we take him if we could? He was the MAC offensive player of the year. 55% passer this year (60% last year). 28 tds to 12 int and 3000+ yards. Buffalo was 10-3. He would probably be an upgrade. However if we don’t get him we will be just fine.

As far as grad transfers go I really don’t think we find a top notch safety unless we go FCS.

He will have some big time options anyways so I wouldn't expect we'd get him even if we wanted him.

ND QB Brandon Wimbush is also on the market as well as Justin Fields from Georgia. Will be interesting to see where all three end up.

I watched him play in their Bowl game and when they said he would be a grad transfer my first thought was that he would look awesome in Maroon and Gold. He had a big arm and is a big kid.

PJ explicitly stated (sometime last off-season) in an interview he isn’t interested in grad transfer QBs. Of course, never say never.

Usually I'd be on board with a QB transfer, but two freshmen this year seemed at least serviceable, and we have two decent looking recruits coming in. Build what you've got.

Blog Entries

We've got Jacob Clark coming in with the 2019 class. I agree with others that we should stick with and develop our current guys.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    PJ explicitly stated (sometime last off-season) in an interview he isn’t interested in grad transfer QBs. Of course, never say never.
    PJ Fleck says a lot of things that he ends up doing the exact opposite, so not sure that really has any bearing on this situation. If Fleck wants him and he wants to be here, it will happen. If Fleck doesn’t want him and he doesn’t want to, it won’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If we want to fix what happened, you need to fire Coyle and Kaler as well.

Blog Entries

You guys are crazy. That guy wants to be a Gopher, he's a Gopher. Don't worry though, he won't be a Gopher.

Quote Originally Posted by Winnipegopher View Post
    You guys are crazy. That guy wants to be a Gopher, he's a Gopher. Don't worry though, he won't be a Gopher.
    Morgan had a higher completion % and higher yards per attempt this year, but I know it's hard to compare since it's different teams in different conferences. I don't think you rock the boat and bring in a one-year guy if they are not a sure-thing improvement.
    I would have taken him at the beginning of this year though with all the uncertainty we were facing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Word View Post
    Morgan had a higher completion % and higher yards per attempt this year, but I know it's hard to compare since it's different teams in different conferences. I don't think you rock the boat and bring in a one-year guy if they are not a sure-thing improvement.
    I would have taken him at the beginning of this year though with all the uncertainty we were facing.
    I think you take anyone who is a lock to be in your 2 deeps. He would be (Annexstad could redshirt). Gophers have long suffered from depth. They have too few really good players. The more the better so I say come on in. That said he probably wants a guarantee to start. I wouldn't give him that.

Honestly who wants a QB who wouldn’t be willing to fight for their job? I want a winner at QB not spoiled brat who wants it on a silver platter. I see this guy as a fighter who wants a better shot at the NFL

Blog Entries

Just say no!