Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Tyree Jackson Buffalo Grad Transfer

https://twitter.com/thorku/status/1078000757503414277

Don't believe Fleck would ever take him as he has said in some form or another that he doesn't really like taking stop gap players especially such an important position for only 1 year.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

He is the big qb that was a freshman when we played Buffalo a few years ago....I think.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Hmm. I’m thinking go with what we’ve got.
    Gopher football backer since '62.
    Current GopherHole walk on.

Quote Originally Posted by Word View Post
    He is the big qb that was a freshman when we played Buffalo a few years ago....I think.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk
    Correct, Fleck recruited him a bit while at WMU. I think he was on Kill's radar as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandy View Post
    Hmm. Im thinking go with what weve got.
    I agree. I have total confidence in Morgan. With a year under his belt his is only gonna got better. ZA is more than competent as a backup and we have talented QBs coming in. We finally can move the ball downfield with the QB throwing the ball. I feel good at this position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know how some of you feel good enough at QB right now to not potentially pursue someone who could be a big upgrade. I don't know much about Jackson or Buffalo's offense, but I know that I only feel OK about the QB position going into next year. I will likely feel a lot better about it in 2 years but neither TM's 59%, 9 TD, 6 int or ZA's 52%, 9 TD, 7 int performance this year is enough for me to feel confident about the position going into next year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    I don't know how some of you feel good enough at QB right now to not potentially pursue someone who could be a big upgrade. I don't know much about Jackson or Buffalo's offense, but I know that I only feel OK about the QB position going into next year. I will likely feel a lot better about it in 2 years but neither TM's 59%, 9 TD, 6 int or ZA's 52%, 9 TD, 7 int performance this year is enough for me to feel confident about the position going into next year.
    the Gophers would likely take a step back if not next year for sure the year after that... Matt we are good with what we've got.

Quote Originally Posted by U2Gopher View Post
    I agree. I have total confidence in Morgan. With a year under his belt his is only gonna got better. ZA is more than competent as a backup and we have talented QB’s coming in. We finally can move the ball downfield with the QB throwing the ball. I feel good at this position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed. Morgan ended the year with a 147.6 QB Rating which puts him near the top of the Big Ten (he doesn't have enough attempts to finish in the official leader group). I like his play. Hope he, Annexstad and any other QBs on the roster continue to improve of course.

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    It's pretty reasonable to expect them to improve though, no? Tyree Jackson himself as a RS Fr completed 53%, 9 TD, 9 INT and not in the Big Ten. I'd rather develop the guys we have than chase a MAC QB to play for 1 year.

he will go to Wisconsin

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Sloth View Post
    It's pretty reasonable to expect them to improve though, no? Tyree Jackson himself as a RS Fr completed 53%, 9 TD, 9 INT and not in the Big Ten. I'd rather develop the guys we have than chase a MAC QB to play for 1 year.
    Mitch Leidner put a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to expecting QBs to improve.

I like our QB, but competition is a good thing. If coach Fleck was interested in bringing Jackson in, and Jackson wanted to be a Gopher, I think you bring him in.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vandy View Post
    Hmm. Im thinking go with what weve got.
    Ditto

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Grantland Rice wrote, "Eleven Nagurskis [on a team] ... would be something close to murder and massacre."

I’m good with what we’ve got. I’d like to see the deep ball development improve...but good with this crew. In Fleck we trust...

I have to think if we're looking at a grad transfer it will be a LB, DE or S.

If it was a dynamic QB, we'd have to think about it.