PP: Strong finish, returning starters

PMWinSTP

Reaction score
Greder:

Next year the Gophers will welcome back nine offensive starters, including top running backs Rodney Smith and Shannon Brooks, expected to return from anterior cruciate ligament injuries that deep-six’d their 2018 seasons.

The defense, resurgent under new defensive coordinator Joe Rossi, will have eight returning starters, and star safety Antoine Winfield Jr. is expected to return from a season-ending foot injury in Big Ten opener in September.

“We have a bright future — for sure,” said redshirt freshman running back Mo Ibrahim, the Quick Lane Bowl MVP after rushing 31 times for 224 yards and two touchdowns in a 34-10 victory over the Yellow Jackets. “We’re all coming together as a team right now.”

Minnesota has a favorable schedule next year, with nonconference games against South Dakota State, Georgia Southern and, in between, a road game at Fresno State, which will be ranked in final polls after a 12-2 season in 2018.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/12/...rs-point-to-better-days-for-gophers-football/

PP: Strong finish, returning starters
Greder:

Next year the Gophers will welcome back nine offensive starters, including top running backs Rodney Smith and Shannon Brooks, expected to return from anterior cruciate ligament injuries that deep-six’d their 2018 seasons.

I never hear any official updates as to Smith and Brooks. Too early to tell how they are really doing?

Daniel Faalele has only played football for 2 years now. If he works hard at improving technique and adding strength, and there's no reason to think he won't, what is his ceiling? Top ten draft choice? I can't remember ever being so excited about a lineman before. If we have a strong OL recruiting group next year I feel very bullish about our future at the position group.

Daniel Faalele has only played football for 2 years now. If he works hard at improving technique and adding strength, and there's no reason to think he won't, what is his ceiling? Top ten draft choice? I can't remember ever being so excited about a lineman before. If we have a strong OL recruiting group next year I feel very bullish about our future at the position group.

He's at worst a 3rd round pick as a true Junior. If he improves enough he will be the first tackle taken. I love Dunlap but Faalele was the biggest recruiting achievement we've had in years.

Easily top 10.

And Annexstad was instrumental in bringing both Dunlop and Faelele here. Zack--MVP

And Annexstad was instrumental in bringing both Dunlop and Faelele here. Zack--MVP

People can say what they want, but I doubt those two linemen venture to Minnesota without Zack's friendship and influence.

People can say what they want, but I doubt those two linemen venture to Minnesota without Zack's friendship and influence.

That's why ZA will be an assistant coach in 4 years.

Top Bottom